{18} Brewing up a Party

Chapter 18:

Spencer's POV

We all quickly take out our phones as I peer over mine to see Mona's name across the screen.

*Party at The Brew @ 7pm! Don't look ugly!*

Oh thank God.

"Should we go?" I ask the girls as they all return my look of relief as Alison shrugs.

"Maybe we should. Who knows? It actually might be fun to go to a party"

"Yeah, I mean we haven't been to party together in years." Emily nods and points out to us as Aria shakes her head briefly.

"Are you guys forgetting that Paige was just found dead?"

"Right, and who knows who killed her? Do you guys think it might be A?" Hanna responds as we all glance around towards each other.

Alison cringes harshly as she lays her head down onto Emily's shoulder while Emily rubs her back, knowing she always grows uneasy whenever we mention A.

"Guys, look at this invite list..." I say, pointing at Mona's text. I show them the long list of the people who she invited.

"...she practically invited our whole graduating class..." I explain while Hanna shrugs as she examines it.

"Okay, and?"

"...and the only person she didn't invite is Paige so what if Mona's somehow connected to Paige's death?"

"What? There's no way she could kill her, she was basically her apprentice during the whole A fiasco."

"Guys think about it; Paige's body was found last night and the next day Mona throws a party, this article just gets posted and seconds later we all get her text sent to the entire class excluding Paige. I don't think this is just a coincidence because how else did she know not to invite her unless she already knew she was dead?"

"Guys, she also invited Ezra, Caleb and Toby." Aria speaks up as she examines the list once more, I nod towards her remark.

"See, she wants all of us there together. We just have to show up and see what we can find out." I tell them firmly. After moments of debating whether or not to attend, the rest of the girls eventually agree.

"Alright, hopefully we figure this shit out."

Emily's POV

After we all agree to going to Mona's party, we all continue to make breakfast. Once it was made, we gather around the table while Alison and I fill the girls in about everything that happened last night. They all went wild after we told them that Maya was alive, soon after my phone buzzes on the table.

*Emily come home, we have to talk. It's urgent.*

It was from my mom. I quickly reply back, letting her know I would be home soon as I get up from my seat.

"Guys, I have to go, my mom wants me home but I'll see y'all at the party?"

They all nod as I put away my dish into the sink, walk my way over to the table to grab my phone and bag as I start to walk towards the door.

"Em, wait!" I hear Alison call from behind me. 

"You forgot this."

I turn around and see Alison jump into my arms as she connects our lips. I smile once we part as she continues.

"I fully believe that we should have goodbye kisses whenever one leaves the other." Alison says as she adds on. "...it's required.

"Whatever you wish darling but I'll be at yours at 5 and we can get ready for the party together, okay?" I laugh as I set her back down onto the ground as Alison nods.