{26} Moving Day

Chapter 26:

Spencer's POV

ONE WEEK LATER

Today, Emily's leaving. 

Alison and Emily broke up a week ago and they've been avoiding each other ever since that night on Ali's porch. We've been spending the past week with Emily but Alison's been keeping her distance, practicing for when Emily's really gone. We all know how much the two love each other but we all hate the fact how stubborn they both are when in comes to actually being together.

I drive over to Emily's and realize that Aria and Hanna were already there by their parked cars in the driveway. It was only 9:15am and Emily has to leave for the airport at noon. I gather my things before getting out of my car and joining the girls by the moving truck.

"Ali?" I question as I approach Aria and Hanna while Emily was handing boxes to the men who were packing the moving truck.

"She's not here yet." Hanna answers, worriedly as she checks her phone for any texts from the other blonde.

"Do you think she'll show up?" Aria asks as she watches the moving men pack up the truck, I shake my head while picking up another box and handing it to them.

"I don't know." I answer truthfully, we all start to pile box after box to fasten the speed of the packing for Emily.

"Hey, guys."

We all turn around to greet the familiar voice.

"Hey, Ali." Aria says as Alison greets us with a red face and puffy eyes, she watches Emily as she moves another few boxes into the moving truck.

"Are you okay?" I ask her sincerely as Alison looks away, distracted in thought.

"Ali?" Hanna says while reaching to rest a hand onto Alison's forearm.

"What?" Alison replies with annoyance as she darts her eyes at Hanna, who snatches back her arm as quick as possible.

"Are you okay?" I ask her once more, turning her attention towards me. I give her a sympathetic look but Alison turns to keep her eyes on Emily.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she lies aloud while biting on her nails. We all exchange looks before finally giving in to her denial.

"Hey, guys" Emily says as she joins us, wiping away sweat from her forehead. I look around our group to see if any of the other girls would speak up, soon silence fills the air between the five of us and I didn't want anymore of it.

"So, how are you feeling? Moving to a completely different state will be a challenge but nonetheless, I'll miss you so much and don't you dare forget to visit!" I say as I pull Emily into a tight hug. Hanna and Aria give Emily a small smile after she retracts from my arms.

"Em, be careful out there." Aria says before pulling her in for another hug.

"Yeah and when you do visit, don't you dare bring me back a cowboy hat." Hanna states with her finger pointed at Emily as we all laugh at Han's way of cheering up the mood.

"Hanna, it's Texas. Not every person is all howdy out there." Emily laughs as she reaches for Hanna for her hug.

After they release each other, Emily quietly makes her way towards Alison, who was completely checked away from our conversation. Alison stares at Emily once she was in full view of her and Emily stares back.

They both look like they were about to burst into tears at any given moment and before any of them do Alison steps forward and pulls Emily into a tight hug.