{5} Relationship Update

Emily's POV

As soon as my last class for the day finally comes to an end, I drag myself up from my seat and over to my locker. Once I reach it, flashbacks about what happened between Alison and I comes flooding back into my mind profusely. 

UGH. 

What is wrong with me?

The girl of my dreams is literally begging for my attention and I do this?

I shake my head at the thought as I open my locker swiftly and a note flies out. I pick up said note, not even bothering to open it, already knowing that it couldn't have been from Alison since she ditched after our fight so I crumple the note and throw it into a nearby trashcan. I'm way too upset with myself to read anything from anyone except from Alison right now. After I put away my books and collect the rest of my gatherings, I make my way outside and spotted my bike on the racks, where I left it after a very rainy swim practice and a gracious ride home from Sydney last week.

I need a place to be alone.

The rock.

I hop on my bike, leaving my car in the lot and mentally reminding myself to drive it home tomorrow as I bike myself all the way to the kissing rock. It's the one place Alison and I would always go to whenever we wanted to be alone, away from the girls, the place where I would go whenever I wanted to feel Alison's presence when she was missing and where I discovered and accepted my true self. 

As I slowly bike my way up the hill, I could hear a soft voice mumbling aloud. Once I finally reach within walking distance, I hop off my bike and made my way to find someone sitting on my rock, facing away from me. I watched her beautiful blonde locks blow alongside the wind as I gulped quietly to myself.

Alison. 

I continue to watch her from behind as I notice her hand was placed on the area we wrote on when we were younger, "EF + AD " with a heart over it. I softly place my bike and bag on the ground as I make my way behind Alison, attempting to make out her words in between her sniffles and sobs.

"Dammit, I should've just told her. Literally right in front of me like-"

Tell who? what?

"-why couldn't I just say that I'm in love with her? Why is that so hard to talk to you, Emily? AGH. I'm so fucking in love with her. Fuck, I'm so stupid...stupid, stupid, stupid." Alison wails softly to herself while kicking at a pebble in front of her. 

I stand there in complete shock at her words. I shake my head as if to wake myself up from this obvious dream of mine, still flabbergasted at how this could actually be my reality. The woman I've loved for God knows how long is blatantly confessing her love for me out loud in the woods. I blink myself away from my unbelievable thoughts as I clear my throat, gaining the attention of the beautiful blonde instantly.

"Hey there, stranger."

Alison's POV

I shut my eyes to the sound of the well known voice from behind me, I lower my head aloofly as I cringe to myself, hoping that the owner of the voice didn't hear anything I was saying prior. 

Shit. 

I hope she didn't hear any of that.

"Hey, how did you find me?" I question as I turn around and finally meet Emily's eyes swiftly before they soon wandered off towards the view and back to mine.

"I mean I didn't mean to, I usually come here whenever I need to be alone." Emily replies as she slowly makes her way to sit next to me on the rock. I shift over to make room as I continue to question her.