{20} Taken

Chapter 20:

Hanna's POV

"YOU'RE MOVING?!?" I scream aloud as Emily turns to fully face me.

"Hanna! Shut up, you're so loud!" Aria yells back at me, reminding me that we were at a party filled with people that included Mona.

Alison was crying on Emily as Emily was holding back her tears. Spencer begins to tear up as Aria and I join her.

"So what will happen now? When will you leave?" Spencer questions after we all calm down from our little crying session.

"I leave in a week and I don't know what will happen but promise me that you guys will take care of Alison for me." Emily states while looking at all of us to nod in agreement.

We all nod before Alison begins to speak up, she clears her voice as she peers over Emily's shoulder.

"No. No, take me with you. I want to be with you." 

"I want to be with you too Alison, more than anything but it's not our time right now."

"Emily, don't leave." Aria speaks up as she wipes away her tears, Emily reaches over to hold her hand as she gently squeezes it, reassuring her.

"You guys will be fine without me." Emily says while she slowly lets go of Aria's hand due to Alison tugging on her arm as she went back to holding her.

"So that's that? You're seriously moving?" Spencer exclaims, Alison wouldn't look up while Emily nods in confirmation.

"My mom needs me to move, she won't be able to take care of my dad and I haven't seen him in years. My family needs me right now."

"My best friend is leaving? That's so unfair!" I complain as the tears run down my eyes once again, Emily gives me a small smile.

"Team Hannily forever, right?"

I laugh as I nod while allowing the following tears to stream out. There we sat in Spencer's car, crying our hearts out and discussing the unexpected turn of events.

Emily's POV

After our crying session, we all decide to finally get out of the car and walk inside the party. Alison wasn't in the mood so she remains holding on to me as we walk through the doors.

"Welcome to Mona Mania!" Mona greets as soon as she spots us entering. Mona's eyes averts straight over to Alison as she points at her.

"What's wrong with the blonde?"

"She's just tired" Spencer snaps at her as she rolls her eyes, now knowingly annoyed with the party already.

As Mona flashes us an evil smile and walks away, Alison runs over to the bathroom, I attempt to  run after her but Spencer and Aria pulls me back.

"She just needs time." Spencer speaks up while holding out her arm, guarding my way as I shake my head in disagreement but after several failed attempts, I finally give up.

"Fine! I'll be by the couches." I huff at them before turning and ordering a cup of coffee. Once made, I grab it off the table and make my way over to sit down.

The place was so crowded. Someone could kill another person here and no one would know who it really was. Just then, I begin to scan the room over our little Rosewood High Reunion. Everybody from our graduating class was here as expected;

Lucas, Noel, Toby, Caleb, Ezra, Sydney and so forth. Even Jenna was here. Why is Jenna here?

Jenna got another surgery and now she's able to see. She's basically like a cat, she has these killer instincts now, it's pretty freaky though. While I finish off with my coffee, I attempt to stand up so I could check on Ali but I couldn't. My stomach soon churns in pain as my vision begins to go blurry. Just then, I feel hands grab me from behind and brings me out The Brew and into a car.

"Alison!" I barely scream out as the car doors shut close, including my eyes.

Alison's POV

I run into the bathroom right after our encounter with Mona. While I was running to the bathroom, I could sense Emily trying to run after me but I wanted to be alone and Spencer and Aria knew that, which was why they stopped her.

Thank God.

I just want to cry by myself. I didn't want to hear another "It's gonna be alright" from Emily because I know it won't. I can't stand a minute without Emily, like yeah, I can stay away for a year but she was still so close by and I was able to see her at any given time. But if she moves to Texas then I don't know if I can handle it. I wipe away my tears and fix my makeup after what seemed like forever, I finally gain the guts to make my way out of the bathroom.

I spot Spencer talking to Toby, Aria with Ezra while sitting at a table and Hanna with Caleb, raiding the food table. I make my way over to Spencer as I ask her once I reach them.

"Hey, where's Emily?"

"I don't know. Last time we saw her, she said she was going by the couches." Spencer explains as she shrugs and points at the direction of them.

I walk through the chaotic crowd and finally reach the couches but she wasn't there. All that was there was a cup of coffee on the table, I grab the cup and examine it. I notice a light powder on the tip of the cup once I open it.

Oh no.

I turn the cup around slowly, glancing over the name that I was dreading to discover.

*Emily Fields*

I take the cup and grab Spencer, Aria, and Hanna away from their guys before leading them away from the chaotic crowd and outside The Brew.

"Where's Emily!?" I ask all of them while showing the cup as I was mentally freaking out at the same time.