• 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 •

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:Aisha and Eli stood side by side as they listened intently to Kreese's war stories

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
Aisha and Eli stood side by side as they listened intently to Kreese's war stories. Miguel had told me about his suspicions as he didn't have a good feeling about him. I didn't really have an opinion on him, but I could understand Miguel's caution.

"You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the 90's was a hellhole. Warlords controlled swaths of the city. My team and I were charged with cleaning the place up." Kreese said with dramatic pauses, drawing Eli and Aisha into his story. I smiled softly as it was nice to see the nerdy, fact hungry Eli come out.

"How many warlords did you kill?" Eli asked eagerly.

"You keep track of every ant you stomp out?" Kreese asks with suspense. Miguel wasn't buying it and I suppose I didn't fully believe all of his stories either. He scoffed when Aisha 'woahed' at his question.

"Badass." Eli replied with a smirk, clearly impressed with Kreese's war experience.

Kreese walked off to Sensei's office to do who knows what when Aisha asked me a question.

"Hey, my parents are making me come to the beach club today. I don't want to brave it alone, so would you be the bestest best friend ever and come with me? Please?" Aisha asked, grabbing both my hands as an attempt to further persuade me.

Of course I was gonna go. Aisha is my best friend and she is also super rich.

"Uh yeah! That sounds so fun! We could be bachelorettes, looking for all the cute girls. Be each other's wing-women." I said half-joking, wiggling my eyebrows and slinging one arm across her shoulders.

"I'm glad you're coming, but I'm not really interested in dating. Not now anyway. As for you, you'll charm anyone you want to. You're stubborn and persistent, it's bound to happen." Aisha said without hesitation to which I playfully hit her arm.

Kreese has come back from the office and continued his stories after Eli asked him to.

"They were outgunned, we were outmanned. I tell you...Rwanda was no joke." Kreese said with a somber tone.

Something in my brain clicked and I snapped by head in Miguel's direction and he was looking straight at me. He stood up from his stretching and questioned Kreese.

"Don't you mean Somalia?" Miguel asked, making Eli and Aisha look at each other.

"Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." I pitched in, both of us catching on.

Kreese turned around and looked at Miguel. He paused and then turned back to his audience of Eli and Aisha.

"Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together you know?" Before anything else could be said, Sensei shouted very loudly as per usual.