• 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭' •

𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽: "As you can see the West Valley High Campus is a lot larger than the middle school, and when you become a freshman next year, y-you'll have access to some amazing facilities

𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
"As you can see the West Valley High Campus is a lot larger than the middle school, and when you become a freshman next year, y-you'll have access to some amazing facilities. Our science lab is state of the art." Mr Palmer, a high school teacher informed us as he gave us the tour around the school.

He then decided he should be honest, so he stopped to face us. "Well, at least it was."

A girl at the front asked a question. "Did it get destroyed in the fight?" She asked.

"Uh no, the district required us to remove anything that could potentially be used as a weapon in the event of another karate incident." Mr Palmer told us, surprising me slightly.

I can't believe I'm training with the same maniacs that brawled in the high school fight.

I brushed off the thought as we were then moving on to the cafeteria. The high school was a lot bigger, but I wasn't nervous about the new year coming. Most of the kids were pretty alright and Dahliah was in high school already.

"You excited?" A voice asked as that person popped up beside me. I turn my head to see a curious Lia looking at me with a kind smile on her face.

"Uh, yeah. You?" I asked back. I hated that I gave her such a short answer that made me seem uninterested, but I was afraid that if I said more I'd just embarrass myself.

Lia didn't seem to mind and answered with as much enthusiasm as she did beforehand. "Yep, I really want to join the cheer team. Cliché, I know, but it really does seem fun." She responded.

I smiled back at her. "That seems fun. I'm sure you'll get in." I told her, blush making its way onto my cheeks as I complimented her.

Lia laughed brightly at the compliment. She then brought up a new topic. "I heard the schools haunted, what do you think?"

I looked around to see if anyone was looking before answering. "Don't tell anyone, but I died almost 200 years ago. My soul has been trapped her ever since." I whispered to her.

Lia looked playfully shocked. "Does this mean I'm like the kid from The Sixth Sense?" She asked.

I laughed at her joke. "Looks like it." I replied with a smile.

Lia opened her mouth to presumably continue our joke, but was cut off by a loud yell from the front of the crowd.

"Lia, come check this out!!" A voice called out, probably one of her many friends.

She turned to me with a stuck expression, obviously wanting to go check whatever it is out, but not wanting to be rude and ditch me.

I made the decision easier for her. "I'll catch you later...dude." I answered, making me want to sink into the floor.

No way I just called Lia, dude.

Lia looked confused but pointed at me with two hands. "See you later, bro?" She replied, not quite sure how to answer. She then walked away, leaving me ultra embarrassed.