• 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞•

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:After a long and miserable Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning feeling a lot worse

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
After a long and miserable Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning feeling a lot worse. I felt so guilt for what happened to Demetri that I couldn't stand it.

After strenuous pacing and cursing myself for being such a pussy, I called Demetri. Two rings in and I was shaking and about to hang up. Then he answered.

"Dahliah? Uh, what's up?" He asked sounding surprised.

I laughed as I felt emotional again. Hearing his voice just reminded me of him on the ground, begging for mercy and how I stood there, doing nothing.

"Uh, nothing really. Just wanted to check up on you, see how you're doing and all." I told him, my voice breaking as the guilt began to seep through the layers of toughness I was putting on.

"You heard about that then. I'm doing fine, my arm is broken and I'm in a cast. I'm being discharged tomorrow." Demetri replied.

I nodded and knew I had to confess. "I was there." I said abruptly before I could hold it back.

There was a pause.

"What?" Demetri asked, his brain not being able to remember where I was.

I sniffled and then continued. "Yeah, I was on a date with Nadia at Gold 'N Stuff when I saw you guys heading up. I knew Cobra Kai was causing trouble so I wanted to make sure you were okay. When I got there you were-"

I had to take a breathe to continue. "Hawk had you pinned down and I-I just froze like a fucking coward. I'm so sorry I didn't do anything, really I am. I get it if you hate me, I just thought you should know."

By the end of my confession, I had tears in my eyes and a few cascading down my cheeks against my will. My hand was still shaking as I awaiting his response.

Demetri scoffed and I knew he was going to tell me what a shitty person I am and how I should never talk to him again.

"That wasn't your fault! You're injured Dahliah and against all of Cobra Kai? We didn't stand a chance so neither could you. I'm glad you didn't intervene, you would've gotten seriously hurt." Demetri explained, making me nod my head in disagreement.

"No, I could've distracted them or-or gotten Hawk off you or-" I started to list the numerous things I should've done to protect him.

"Stop it! If you feel that way, then it was my fault you hurt your knee." Demetri said.

That made me pause. It was in no way Demetri's fault, no way. So what he said made me put things into perspective; it was all Hawk's fault.

He went after Demetri at the mall, he trashed Miyagi-Do, he broke my knee, he broke Demetri's arm. And what punishment did he get? None.

So I wiped my tears away as anger bubbled within me for a boy with a certain Mowhawk.

"Okay, you got me there. Look, just take care of yourself and call me if you need anything at all. Okay?" I told Demetri.