• 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 •

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:A male doctor was examining me whilst my parents sat in the corner of the room

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
A male doctor was examining me whilst my parents sat in the corner of the room. Mum was looking at me proudly and dad was holding back tears.

My head was too heavy to move, so it remained on the pillow. The doctor looked at all the screens surrounding me and checks all the shit that was being put into my veins.

I remembered what happened. Hawk and I were fighting and then he kicked me into a cabinet. The last thing I remember clearly was my knee. It was disgusting.

As dizzy as it made me, I made the effort to look at my leg. It was useless as they were both covered by the bedsheet, but I was curious if I had conjured it up by myself.

The doctor saw my movement and ushered me to rest my head.

"Hello Ms James, I'm Dr McKenzie and I have been overlooking your care for the past 5 days. What I've observed is-" the doctor began saying professionally, but I was shocked at one part of his speech.

"What? 5 days? What do you mean?" I asked, my voice surprisingly hoarse. My mum noticed and passed me the plastic cup of cold water. It certainly clenched my thirst, but it hurt my head to lift it. I was being such a pussy right now.

"You have been in a coma for 5 days. Due to the injuries you obtained, this was expected. Do you remember what happened?" Dr McKenzie asked, probably checking if I had memory loss.

"No I don't. I can't remember anything. Who am I? Who are they?" I asked, fake frantically.

My little speech caused my parents to look at each other in panic and for Dr McKenzie to take a deep solemn breath.

I chuckled lowly, not having very much energy for a boisterous laugh. "I'm only kidding. I'm Dahliah James, I'm 16 years old and I'm here because I was in a school fight and was kicked into a glass trophy case. My head was bleeding and I'm 70% sure my knee is fucked." I told the doctor, a ghost of a smirk on my face.

My parents sighed in relief and the doctor looked at me and chuckled, scribbling out his previous notes.

"Very funny Ms James. Now, you've experienced an MTBI, mild traumatic brain injury more commonly known as a concussion. There was some internal bleeding from the contact, but that should be gone by now. The back of your head was cut with some of the glass and we have stitched it up, no hair loss."

I smiled and then grimaced, the thought of the glass in my head freaking me out. Dr McKenzie then stopped writing and looked me in the eyes with as much sincerity as he could master as he explained the much bigger consequence of the school fight.

"You have also caused significant trauma to your right knee. A large shard of glass was removed and had torn a lot of muscles and ligaments, your kneecap was also shattered in the process. With the right amount of rest and rehabilitation, your knee should be fixed in 3-6 months."