• 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 •

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:"Let's begin!" Sensei Lawrence called out, but none of us moved

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
"Let's begin!" Sensei Lawrence called out, but none of us moved.

At Johnny's Cobra Kai and I assume Eagle Fang, warming up is kicks and whatnot, but I had no idea what Miyagi-Do does.

Demetri raised his hand hesitantly and asked the million dollar question. "Uh, begin what exactly?"

The Sensei's looked at each other for answers and Sensei Larusso was the first to start talking.

"Begin a new era. Many of us used to be enemies, but rivalries don't need to last forever. The All-Valley tournament is just a few months away, and this year the stakes have never been higher. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book. There's only one way we'll be able to beat-" Sensei Larusso said, giving an uplifting speech momentarily.

"By kicking their asses so hard they shit themselves! We gotta take things to the next level. Gonna teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us. They strike first? We'll pre-strike!" Sensei Lawrence interrupts, pacing as usual.

I knew right there and then that this crossover wouldn't work.

"Okay, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We're going to respond to what they do." Sensei Larusso interjected.

"Eagles do not respond. They swoop down and take whatever they want! That's what we're gonna do. Take back the Valley!"

"Take back the Valley in a measured and organised approach."

"We bite first!" Sensei Lawrence loudly announces to encourage us.

This was a bad start. They were passive aggressively bickering in the form of teaching. That's such a soccer mum thing to do.

Sensei Larusso sighed, already fed up with Sensei Lawrence. "Okay, let's just warm up with some simple exercises."

That seemed to be the first thing they agreed on and the bickering seemed to stop there. "Alright, line up!" Sensei Lawrence concurred.

Everyone formed into 2 lines. "And just breathe and follow me." Sensei Larusso began, using hand motions to demonstrate inhaling.

I looked over to Sam to see how to do the exercise, but it didn't seem to matter because Sensei Lawrence interrupted and confused about crying with new instructions.

"Fighting positions!" He called as Miyagi-Do's did their breathing warmup and Eagle Fangs did what Johnny told them to do. "Right leg back. Front kick ready, hi-yah!"

It was odd. I hadn't realised how much different I was to everyone there. We trained as one but there were 2 separate dojos who fully trusted their Sensei's.