• 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 •

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:"Any tension there?"

𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
"Any tension there?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to focus on the specific spot. I nodded no. Then, the physio moved my knee in a different direction, making me wince.

"Yep, tension, tension, tension." I got out as I squirmed in visible physical discomfort.

The physio, Marley, nodded her head and gently placed my knee down. She then walked over to write down some notes and I knew that the session was over.

"So, amputation right?" I joked, really hoping she wouldn't turn around with a serious look plastered on her face.

Instead, Marley chuckled and looked up from her clipboard. "Not at all. Your knee is healing quite well and I am very happy to say that you will no longer be needing crutches."

My mouth dropped and a wide smile took place. I let out a breathe and laugh in disbelief before smiling happily. Goodbye motherfuckers.

So, for the first time in a while, I pushed my weight off the bed and stood on two legs. I stumbled a bit which Marley supported my weight before I balanced.

I let out a laugh and hugged Marley tightly. The  woman let out a surprised laugh as she briefly hugged me back.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Marley you're the best honestly." I said as I walked around the room, picking up the pace as I adjusted.

"All you, boo. Now, you be careful. Keep the brace on, no running, jumping and especially, no fighting. But you are doing well, be proud of yourself." Marley said with a tight lipped smile.

I nodded in enthusiasm as I opened the door and left. I had a smile on my face I enjoyed my weight on both legs. It was slightly awkward but the fact that my knee was healing quickly was honestly a miracle.

Just in time too, I had my date with Nadia tonight.

It sounds incredibly stupid, but I've never been on a date before. I had been in the closet for years and Yasmine made me out to be a disgusting lesbian freak, so I wasn't exactly a highly desired girlfriend.

I was nervous, but also excited. We were going to Golf 'n' Stuff which definitely seems fun. I had my outfit picked out after nearly a week of procrastinating so I had nothing to freak out about.

My thoughts were interrupted as I nearly concussed myself walking into another person whilst I was turning a corner.

Both of us were surprised by the unexpected proximity so be both jumped back. That's when we made eye contact and I felt very, very awkward.

"Oh, hey Dahliah." Sam said shyly as she played with her fingers. It was a habit of hers.

I nodded and gave her a half smile. "Hi Sam."

The air was awkward as there was this silent though. We knew we needed to talk, but simultaneously, we had nothing to say.

"So um, what are you doing here?" I asked curiously, desperately trying to diffuse the tension.