jespersluvr

1) Tell us a little about yourself

my name is juliette and im fifteen years old, my pronouns are she/her and im androsexual with a fat crush on aaron warner! i love sports and reading and would love to become a detective when im older!!

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

my favourite book has got to be the song of achilles by madeline miller or a court of mist and fury because they're just so incredible and i cried which is always a bonus!

3) How long have you been writing?

on wattpad ive been writing for over a year now, but off of wattpad ive been writing for myself since i was little, with terrible books that never got very far.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

i write because my dad is a professional published author, and ive always wanted to live up to his standards, but i really fell in love with writing because it was so freeing and expressive for me.

5) What's your preferred genre?

my preferred genre to write is definitely fantasy-romance as i love envisioning worlds and characters in dystopian futures, but my favourite to read would have to be romcoms because im a sucker for a light hearted cheesy read.

6) What was your first written story?

my first proper story on wattpad was a story called night and thorns, which was probably around twenty chapters long and gained 4.18k reads, half of which were me. it was really bad but sometimes i miss those ocs, and who knows? with my new development of writing maybe one day we will see a night and thorns rewrite!

7) What's your writing process?

my writing process is pretty straightforward, i set out my writing goal and i launch straight into it. i use an app called the most dangerous writing app usually to help me write quickly and reach my goals, however usually i just write whenever i feel inspired, and always on my phone.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

ooh well my new fic darkness reborn is probably my favourite project ive ever written, chapter one being out now! and if you want a taste of whats to come: think angst, think rebirth, think forbidden lovers, gods and magic and a whole heap of found family and revolution. but to summarise in one sentence? get ready for vengeance, because its best served with an angry god and his villainous friends.

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

currently, i have one project in unpublished, which is called freeing ares, which is a fanfiction with jesper fahey from six of crows as the love interest. currently i have no plans to release it, but i may do at some point in the future.

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

the hardest part of writing for me is actually writing out chapters without motivation, and my main motivators are my fans, especially those who comment and join in, because if i feel like im writing for nobody i lose interest, and then cant return back to it anymore, which ultimately ends up in its deletion.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

in five years, i'd love to be (as a dream future) writing and performing, however more realistically i see myself writing stories in my spare time, and working towards becoming a detective as a profession!

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

if i had one tip, it'd be to just go for it. whos stopping you? all it takes to be a good writer is confidence in your writing, because we all have different writing styles. i regret not launching into wattpad sooner, because my life would be so much more different if i had never downloaded this app, and let all my creativity flow. so, go for it!