rileyowrites

1) Tell us a little about yourself

my name is riley. i love to write, and i aspire to write get my own books outside of wattpad published one day. right now, i like to write my own stories, and write fanfictions. i love marvel (especially tom holland) and taylor swift.

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

i really like jenny han's books outside of wattpad, and i love the summer i turned pretty! i also really like the hunger games and harry potter.

3) How long have you been writing?

I have been writing my own stories for fun since I was little, but I started writing on wattpad about two years ago.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

I write because it makes me happy, calmer, and I like to be creative and come up with my own stories and characters!

5) What's your preferred genre?

i like writing romance, but i also like coming up with fictional stories and wordbuilding. on wattpad, i love to write fanfiction.

6) What was your first written story?

one of my first stories was "A Crashed Wedding" when I used to write minecraft inspired fanfictions. one of my other first stories is "Flame and Frost" which is about Loki Laufeyson.

7) What's your writing process?

My writing process differs for each story. Ideas for plots or stories usually come to me pretty often. And when I have an idea for a book, I plan it out; the characters, the setting, the most important parts, and things like that. i then go and write the story, and as time goes along i edit it to make it better.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

i just finished a Never Have I ever fanfiction called "Bad Boy" about Ethan Morales.

I'm also currently writing a Peter Parker x Oc fanfiction. It's called "Speak Now" (inspired by taylor swift of course) and it is about grace tanner, who's longtime crush on Peter Parker is ruined when he begins to date MJ Watson. And she begins to be visited by Spider-Man.

I'm working on publishing more original books, which includes an in-progress romance book called, "Hey Stephen", following Emma and her romance with Stephen Woods.

I also write a lot of Tom Holand/Peter Parker and I've written a lot of Ethan Landry

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I have a lot of unpublished stories! A lot of them are from when I first started, and I won't be republishing them because they're not very good. But I have lots of stories in my drafts that I'm working on to be upcoming stories, such as "Tagged" about Tom Holland. It should be coming out soon!

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

As a writer, it's really challenging to finish a story. Even though that's the goal, writing block is very easy to get, and sometimes you get stuck wondering what you should write next, or how you should end a chapter.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I hope to have lots of more books written. And I hope to have my own books published proffesionally.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

If you're an aspiring writer, keep going! Not every story is going to be perfect, or easy to write. It's ok to ask other writers for help, and make sure to be creative with your plots, and take inspiration from others.