PinkMarbella2050

1) Tell us a little about yourself

Well, hi guys! I'm Marbella and I'm a fanfiction writer for a lot of differently and slightly lesser-known fandoms. I like to break the mold of what is expected in my fanbases and just have a good time... attempting it, at best.

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

Marissa Meyer and her book, Heartless. It was SO good and Heartless now inspires some of my works. There are actually elements of the story in two books I'm working on rn.

3) How long have you been writing?

On-and-off for 5 years.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

I write because there are a lot of lesser-known fandoms and stories that I really enjoy and want to put my own spin on. I don't like the monotony of just seeing the same old fanfictions being written and almost having the same quality- so, for me, I want to break that mold and let people see how much you can do with story if you just look at it from a new and unique angle.

5) What's your preferred genre?

I like fantasy a lot of the time- most of my reads gravitate towards that in some aspect, somehow. So, fantasy and sci-fi.

6) What was your first written story?

IRL, a story called The Simpsons and the Diamond Heist (it was unintentional Simpsons fanfic, I was nine when I wrote it).Essentially, I wrote a short story series where Homer and Marge adopted a child, then got divorced and Marge got a new husband, so Homer got jealous and tried to do a lotta weird shit to get her back- and one of those things was stealing Springfield's largest diamond, so the Simpsons (Marge, Carlos, who is said new husband, Lisa and Alyssa, who is said adopted child) go get it back. It was RIDICULOUS!

On Wattpad, my first story written is called Escape The Night Season 5: The Delamont Carnival, but I just call it Delamont for short. I'm working on rewriting it at some point when school isn't backstabbing me more than the Romans did Caesar, but it'll happen at some point!

7) What's your writing process?

-I get an idea based on something I've not seen done in my fandom before.

-I hyperfixate on it for a bit (the perks of autism) and plan a lot.

-I lost interest and plan occasionally.

-I make a playlist (I get inspired by music).

-I write... the hard part, which I will get to in a bit.

-I let nature take its course.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

I currently have two major writing projects- one is an individual project, and the other is a project I'm helping a friend with.

My project is a Total Drama fanfiction where I have genderbent my favourite character and given said genderbent character a new backstory. It's the first in a trilogy of three books in this fanfiction series I plan to work on.

The project I'm helping my friend with is a thriller partially inspired by the King's Game franchise. It is VERY dark- I'm not kidding when I say that there's mutilation, manipulation and trauma all round (fun for all the family, am I right?), but I am LOVING it!

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I don't have any unpublished stories because the stories I plan to publish... I haven't written them yet.

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

Honestly, letting go of the fact that you don't have to be perfect. That, and also accepting the fact my ideas are good despite the insanity behind them.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

Living with one of my best friends in Australia and living a good life, away from all this carnage.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Just do whatever the hell you wanna do- as long as you don't romanticise abuse or redeem people who have done the worst shit known to man, you'll be perfectly fine! JUST DO IT!