marvelgirl_10

1) Tell us a little about yourself

Hey! I'm CJ! I'm a Wattpad writer and a book lover who enjoys watching all kinds of movies! My friends describe me as the definition of a Hufflepuff! When I'm not writing, reading, or watching movies, you'll find me drawing or painting!

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

I'll be honest, this was a really tough question. There are so many great books and authors out there! I have to say my favorite author is Marissa Meyer! I fell in love with the Lunar Chronicles right away and couldn't put any of the books down! They were absolutely amazing! I also love the Red Queen series, the Darkest Minds series, and the Maze Runner series! As for Wattpad, I honestly can't decide. There are so many amazing authors on the site who have their own writing styles! I love them all!

3) How long have you been writing?

I think the first story I ever wrote was back in third grade. But I've been writing on Wattpad for almost seven years now! I started back in 2016 when I first discovered this app with a few of my friends. I took a break from writing on Wattpad for about two years, mainly because I was really busy with school, but I kept writing on Google Docs when I had the chance. It wasn't until 2020 that I got back into it and I love it just as much as I remembered!

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

I mainly just write for fun and for myself! That's what keeps me going! Writing is a way I can escape my busy life and just relax. I take a lot of inspiration for my stories from dreams I've had over the years.

5) What's your preferred genre?

I mainly write fanfiction stories but when I do write an original story it's always action/adventure or fantasy. Someday I would like to try my hand at writing a dystopian!

6) What was your first written story?

The first story I ever wrote is a fantasy short story called the Gem and the Silver back in 2016. It definitely needs to go through some major editing but I absolutely love it!

7) What's your writing process?

I really wish I can say I have an organized and routine writing process, but sadly I can't. With my busy life outside of writing and Wattpad, I don't have time to set aside for a daily writing routine. Recently, I've been sitting down on the weekends and choosing one of my current stories that then I write a chapter for it. I'm hoping that when my schedule isn't as packed I can create a better routine.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

I have a few stories that I'm currently working on, mainly fanfiction. The one that I find myself gravitating to the most is called Illusion and it's the last book in my Once Upon a Time series. I always have a bittersweet feeling while writing it because I know once it's finished then the series will be finished, which is something I've been working on since 2016. I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to spoil the series but I will say that many of you will not expect the ending!

I'm also working on a story set in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland called Wonder, a series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe called the Behind the Mask series, and a Descendants spin-off called Beautiful Little Secret!

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I don't know whether it's good or not but I have many unpublished stories! There are some that I do plan on publishing eventually, I'm just waiting for the right time. But there are others that I plan on keeping to myself for now. They're mainly a way for me to practice my writing without feeling the pressure of people reading them. But who knows? Maybe one day I'll have the courage to publish all my stories!

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

I have a few writing challenges that I'm working on overcoming but I think the biggest one is being too hard on myself. I always think that my writing has to be perfect, which is definitely not the case. This causes me not to publish chapters until I've read them over more times than I can count. I also find that I get nervous to publish new stories on Wattpad for fear of readers not liking my ideas. I'm slowly starting to learn that I need to write for myself and what I like and readers will hopefully enjoy the stories too!

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

This is a really hard question for me to answer! One of the main things I would like to accomplish in the next five years is publishing a children's book! That's just something I've always wanted to do!

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

The biggest piece of advice I can give to aspiring writers is to just write and see where it takes you! Don't worry about what other people think, just write for yourself! The most important thing is to love what you write! Once that happens, others will love it too!