miguels-1ovebot

1) Tell us a little about yourself

hi, i'm kara! my pronouns are she/her, i recently turned 15 and i'm irrevocably in love with miguel cazarez mora to an unhealthy degree

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

my favourite book is constantly changing but i'd honestly have to say 'you've reached sam' by dustin thao. although it did make me cry my eyeballs out at 2am. my favourite author is john green, and i definitely recommend 'will grayson, will grayson' if you like his book 'the fault in our stars'!

3) How long have you been writing?

on wattpad, i've been writing a bit over a year after my mattheo riddle phase was born.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

i write because it allows me to create my own kind of world that's seperate from the real world. i can create my own scenarios and play out my own little scenes. writing gives me the ability to live in any world i want.

5) What's your preferred genre?

i prefer to write romantic fanfictions on wattpad. i also love to read rom-coms and sad books but most of all i love reading horror and mystery.

6) What was your first written story?

my first written story on wattpad is called 'him'. it's a mattheo riddle x reader fic and it's honestly terribly written. i didn't expect it to get the amount of attention that it received and it's currently sitting just under 110k. im very tempted to delete it but i'd probably get attacked because apparently people like it.

7) What's your writing process?

i tend to be very inconsistent in updates which is a habit in trying to break. my writing process is very simple, i write my story in the wattpad app, proofread, add extra little details like symbols and pictures and then i publish my chapter. i only write when i get an inkling of motivation.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

i'm currently finishing a mattheo riddle x oc book, im enjoying writing it heaps but it's difficult for me to come up with ideas.

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

i have 3 unpublished stories currently. i don't know if i'm going to publish them or not to be completely honest. most likely, i'll publish my jaden walton fic once i'm done with my current one. normally, i juggle multiple stories and it's very stressful so i'm kind of taking a break from that.

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

the hardest part is ideas and motivation. like most other people on wattpad, im a burnt out high school student and have a lot going on with school on top of wattpad. i write whenever feels right to me which sometimes is months apart but i'm trying to break that habit.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

in five years, i hope to be studying astronomy and astrophysics at yale university in connecticut. otherwise, i also want to study acting and performing arts at nida performative art school in sydney.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

i have one very simple tip; don't burn yourself out. writing is meant to be something you enjoy and if you overdo it with wattpad and push yourself too hard, writing will become a chore. so, just write when you have motivation and make sure you proof read at least twice.