Writerandreader17

1) Tell us a little about yourself

My name is Tawney. I'm a social worker when I'm not writing. I love rabbits, jamming to hard rock music, and playing animal crossing.

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

My favorite author on Wattpad is MaybeManhattan but outside of Wattpad I'd have to say my favorite author is Richelle Mead (I love her VA series). Carnal from MaybeManhattan might be my favorite story ever.

3) How long have you been writing?

I've been writing since about sophomore year of high school. I'd say I was 14 or 15 at that time.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

I write because it brings me so much joy. It's the easiest release from my daily life and any struggles I might be facing. I don't feel so sad and alone when I write (or read). I think my inspiration has evolved from just writing for fun to now writing because I have so many amazing followers here on Wattpad. I have great followers who push me to be my best and write what I love.

5) What's your preferred genre?

My preferred genre is a mix of several different options. I LOVE vampire and werewolf stories to read and write. But my easiest to write is age play.

6) What was your first written story?

The first story I ever wrote was on FanFic.net and it was a Pretty Little Liars fanfiction. I don't even remember what it was about.

7) What's your writing process?

I'd love to say my writing process was super complex and well thought out but I'm not wired to do that. I pretty much just come up with an idea and start writing. If I feel stuck, I'll make a list of what I want from the story and where I want the characters to go so I have it visually to look at at another time. I also re-read my story a lot so I know where it pick up if I haven't had a chance to write in a few days.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

I'm currently working on 3 stories. One is a romantic werewolf story that is coming along so effortlessly. The other two are age plays. One is a prequel to my most popular series and the other is the third book in another popular series. There are about to be some major revelations in each of my stories that I don't think my followers are ready for.

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I have a ton of unpublished stories that just never went anywhere. I have a few chapters in them that I just couldn't do anything with. Sometimes, I go back to them and try to work on them but mostly, they just sit around collecting dust.

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

I think the most challenging part of being a writer is keeping the ideas coming. It's so easy to take an idea from someone else but it isn't YOURS. It isn't original to you. I never want to write the same thing over and over again because at some point, people won't be interested in that. And I can't say I blame them.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I'd love to see myself published somewhere. I've looked into self-publishing online but haven't had a chance to dive deeper into it than some basic research. I'd also love to see myself hit 1 million followers here on Wattpad. I'm pretty close to 2K which is unbelievable in itself.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

My tip is just to keep writing! I wrote for a long time before any of my stories gained any traction. I didn't get a following until a few years ago and that was probably 40 stories in. It doesn't get easier but it does get more rewarding and that's all that matters.