romance_lover16

1) Tell us a little about yourself

Hi! My name is Sunny (a pseudonym) and I'm a disabled teen writer who loves romance! I'm an only child and aspire to major in creative writing in college. I have three cousins who I consider my brothers and a niece who I love more than anyone! I'm an introvert, but I always love to make new friends!

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

My favorite author has always been Rick Riordan - I have all of his Percy Jackson books. My favorite book, however, is "The Fault in Our Stars" and "Hugo and Rose"!

3) How long have you been writing?

I've been writing since I was around seven, so it's been almost ten years since I've been writing!

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

It's difficult to find disability representation in books, especially romance. Growing up disabled, it's hard to relate to book or movie characters, so I write to give representation to the disabled audience. My inspiration has been my friends from a disabled children's camp that I go to!

5) What's your preferred genre?

My preferred genre is romance and werewolf, but I also dabble in other genres as well! I'm a fan of action/adventure, mystery books, and others!

6) What was your first written story?

My first written story was a silly rip-off of Harry Potter that I wrote for my Dad so he'd give me my internet back LOL

7) What's your writing process?

I'm a panster. I don't sit and plan my books, I just start to write! While I'm writing, I do jot down some notes on future chapters, but I tend to just go with the flow and see where my characters take me! After I'm done, I'll go back and edit my story

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

My current writing project is "Us Against the World", a romance novel featuring a disabled student with a comatose mother who's trying to support her younger sister, and a handsome billionaire who finds his thoughts plagued with her. And sure! I can give a teaser.

"Sometimes it's just so hard..." I hear myself say.

"I can imagine," Ezra whispers. His hand floats by my cheek. "You take everything on your shoulders."

"I don't have a choice," I mutter. "My cousin will be leaving. My sister's too young." I laugh humorlessly. "It's a burden I carry on my own."

"Then let someone help you ease that burden." His lips near mine and my heart thrums madly. Is this truly happening? Am I dreaming again? Who's tilting my head? Why are my eyes closing?

"Meera! Ezra!"

~***~ That's about as much of a spoiler as I can give :D

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I do have many unpublished stories! Most of them are just books that need reworking, and I do plan to publish them! I'm hoping once I finish my current WIP that I'll be able to do that!

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

As a writer, the most challenging aspect is criticism. Many writers view their work as their children, and it's always enraging when someone criticizes your children or family member. My advice is just to read it. At the end of the day, it's your story, not anybody else's. They can't tell it the way that you do.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I'll probably be out of college, and hopefully I'll be on my way to becoming a popular author! I plan to make something in the language field my career.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

My tip for aspiring writers is to write! Don't listen to what others may say, unless they're trying to help your book improve. Whatever you have to say, you say it! Not all authors are the same. Everybody has their own unique idea. Hone in on that idea, polish it, make it yours!