marilynwritesalot

1) Tell us a little about yourself

Hello hello hello, my name is Marilyn, and I have been on this amazing app for about 6 years. I started writing when I was 15 and fell in love with it. I'm currently a 21-year-old full-time employee, college student (kind of), and mom. I love bringing my ideas to life and being able to disappear into another reality.

2) What's your favorite author? Favorite book? They can be from Wattpad or elsewhere.

My favorite book on Wattpad is Breaking the Bad Boy by kaddydee. I related to the MC so much. I lost my father at the age of 12 to cancer and it shifted my world. Truly a beautifully written story. My favorite story of all time would have to be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Cliché, I know. John Green is also my favorite author. Colleen Hoover is a close second.

3) How long have you been writing?

I have been writing for about 6 years.

4) Why you do write? What's your inspiration?

Writing is my release. It is the one thing in the world that I can selfishly keep to myself. I have complete control. I can choose to share my work or not. Funny enough, music is my biggest inspiration. Sometimes, I can listen to a song and put together an entire plot together. I also usually have to listen to that same song throughout the entirety of my writing.

5) What's your preferred genre?

I love a good Romance or YA Romance novel.

6) What was your first written story?

My first story was "Me and Mr. Badboy" it was since renamed to "Reforming Blake Ryder", and it did pretty well on here.

7) What's your writing process?

Before I start a book, I try to write out how I want each chapter to go and which part of the plot I want to hit in each and then I execute. During the process, music is a huge part of my writing process. I have to listen to a particular playlist per chapter to help me set the mood. For whatever reason, I am very good at finishing chapters (2000 words or more) in a day or two. I think of my story like a movie, I try to make the chapters flow naturally not too "book-like" if that makes sense. If I find myself stuck on a scene, I listen to an audiobook or read. It helps me get my creative juices flowing.

8) What are your current writing projects? Can you give us a teaser?

I am currently working on two novels. My main focus right now is on my novel "Framed for Murder". It's my take on a teen fiction thriller with an enemies-to-lovers romance complex.

Here is the Prologue:

I stare at my bloodstained hands, watching as they visibly shook over Naomi Stewart's pale lifeless body. Her blood oozed out of a gunshot wound to her abdomen and onto the cool dark concrete pavement.

No.

Naomi Stewart is dead.

"No, no, no," I repeat as my head shook in disbelief. I thought I had time to save her. Tears viciously threatened to fall as reality began to hit me.I thought there was enough time.

I hear police sirens blare as they etched closer. The red and blue lights flash through the reflection of the windows of the businesses that surrounded us.

I still don't understand.

I did exactly what he said.

Naomi Stewart is dead.

And I'm the one going down for her murder.

9) Do you have any unpublished stories? If so, why and do you ever plan to publish them?

I do have a few stories unpublished. A few of them are from my early years on Wattpad. I unpublished them because I hit a rough mental block and felt very... trapped. For me, writing was no longer my outlet...it started to feel like an obligation and made it hard to enjoy it. I hope to eventually be able to go back and conquer those books because it seemed as if people really loved them.

10) As a writer, what's the most challenging aspect?

Personally, I think finding the pace is something I still find pretty challenging. You always want to find a healthy pace for the story to progress, not too fast but also not too slow... Finding that sweet spot could potentially make or break a book.

11) Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I hope to have both stories I am currently working on along with a few others, edited and published. I have a draft of my first adult romance novel that I am excited to complete in the near future.

12) Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Read, read, read. The more you read, the better you understand the flow of a book. You'll understand how to naturally progress, how to avoid plot holes and so much more. Also, try to