Chapter 51 - Tsukishima (Y/n)

(3rd POV)

Sitting down on her hospital bed, the complete atmosphere is a much different contrast from the day before; top officials from the police force are fully questioning her on her involvement with villains. One of her arms is still locked in place on the hospital bed as she sits up straight, readying herself to state the complete truth. Well at least the complete truth apart from who Dabi is just to respect his decision to tell her.

"Are you still in contact with this 'Dabi' person?" The investigator bluntly asks.

"I haven't communicated with him since the last fight and I haven't seen him recently," A slight lie from her but it's not like she plans on returning to Dabi or a vigilante side once more.

The questioning continues for about 2 hours; (Y/n) feels completely drained, trying to tell them everything they would like to know. It was so strange to her. Although she was nervous, it felt like there was no reason to be scared anymore. Accepting reality and the truth just felt like nothing could go wrong at this point.

"Now finally," The detective stares at her hard as he asks her the final question of the interrogation for today, "Did you learn anything important or do you know anything that might help us track down these members?"

(Y/n) continues to look at them, not wanting to break eye contact in fear that they may perceive that she is lying instead. She knows that she knows at least one thing that is extremely important; Dabi's true name and his identity. However, she vowed that she wouldn't tell; he trusts her and she trusts him. It may not be the righteous thing to do, but she wants to keep it a secret for his sake.

"No sir, I don't know anything else," (Y/n) smiles; almost relieved by that question as it is likely towards the end of the questioning.

His eyes gleam slightly as he writes down something and gives her a smile after a pause, "Well thank you for your cooperation. That's all we have for today so we will process a few documents and you should be free to leave by night. Welcome back Tsukishima (Y/n)."

__________

Alone in her hospital room after all the questioning, (Y/n) lets out a little hum as she looks out the window. She feels empty, but this feeling was almost liberating. It was like the weight that was falling onto her shoulders and crushing her just suddenly disappeared. She got used to that feeling of pressure; it was almost strange that it wasn't there anymore. Nevertheless, it was a liberating feeling. Everything in her life revolved around one thing; her brother. Harlon would be sad to know that her identity would solely

Standing right next to her at the moment is Aizawa, who wanted to talk to her alone and personally about what has happened. It hurt him a lot. He made her parents trust him and he failed. Even though they forgave him, he couldn't forgive himself. In his eyes, he failed as a teacher. However, she was back here again, he won't lose this chance.

"Why didn't you consult your teachers," Aizawa lowers his head just slightly, muttering the last part, "Or at least talk to me?"

(Y/n) smiles slightly sad, "it was mostly just a selfish move from me. I didn't know what I was doing. I was so lost and I just didn't understand where my purpose was heading to. It felt like I was drowning under all of these expectations that were being thrown onto me. I felt like I didn't know who I was or how I could achieve my dream."

The feeling of suffocation and drowning around the expectations around her is something she experienced for a long time. (Y/n) is a smart girl and extremely talented; this is what everyone knows. Her own goals mixed in with the pressure from everyone else made her so confused.

Aizawa places his hand on her shoulder as he states with his eyes slightly glossy from tears, "You know you can depend on us. You don't have to bear all of the burdens yourself. I told your parents I'll be there for you. You can always depend on me and all of your friends."