Chapter 28: Feelings

(Y/n POV)

Reaching the entrance, I look around to try and find Todoroki to see him standing there waiting patiently for me.

Running up to him, I wave to catch his attention while shouting his name, "Todoroki! I'm sorry you had to wait. You should've gone home first! I feel bad you had to wait all this time just for me..."

Todoroki shakes his head and affirms, "Don't worry. I didn't mind waiting if it was for you."

I blush faintly at that, probably, unintentional flirt and scratch the back of my head, "So what did you want to ask?"

Todoroki blinks and pauses before saying bluntly, "Could you come to my house tomorrow?"

"What?" I double-take as I tilt my head in confusion, lowering my hand, "Why would you want me to come over?"

"You got 2nd in the written exams didn't you?" Todoroki mentions, "I placed lower than you so I was hoping we could study together."

I ask in reply, "No offence, but why not Midoriya? You two seem closer than me and you."

"I don't want to study with him," He raises his head higher, "I want you."

I blush at his ability to not understand his words could potentially have an underlying meaning.

I surrender, raising my hands up, and say, "Alright alright... I'll come over."

He widens his eyes and a small smile traces his face, "Great. I'll see you tomorrow then."

__________

(3rd POV)

As Todoroki begins to walk home and into his house, his mind doesn't wander off from (Y/n)'s face. He places his hand onto his chest as he wonders why he keeps constantly thinking about her and wants to call her all the time.

Wanting to understand these feelings, Todoroki decides to confide to his older sister about these feelings.

Fuyumi happily sits down with Todoroki at the dinner table as he explains his feelings, "And I can't stop thinking about her for some reason... Ever since the sports festival, I can't get her out of my mind... Is this some sort of after-effect from her quirk when I fought her?"

Fuyumi laughs at Todoroki being adorably oblivious to his developing feelings, replying with, "Shoto, I'm pretty sure she didn't curse you with her quirk."

He intertwines his fingers over one another, tightening them as he wants to know the reason, "Please tell me the reason. I've been trying to understand what's been happening but I can't figure it out. I even invited her tomorrow to see if she could tell me about these feelings."

"Shoto it sounds like you like her," Fuyumi places her hand on her cheek, happily trying to explain his feelings.

Pausing for a second, Todoroki suddenly erupts into a bright red colour on his cheeks to match his hair, "I... I didn't think of it like that..."

"Well then, you should start thinking if you want to be serious with her. From what you've told me, she sounds like a great girl," Fuyumi stands up from the table and proceeds to bring their plates to the kitchen, "I'm happy you asked me about the Shoto. Goodnight."

"Like... I like Tsukishima (Y/n)..." He clenches his fists and pumps them slightly, "Then I must make sure tomorrow goes perfectly."

__________

Next Day at School...

(Y/n POV)

"As you know, summer vacation is just around the corner. But, of course, there's no way you kids can take a month's break. We're having a training camp in the forest during the summer vacation," Aizawa plainly explains with his typical unexpressed face.