Chapter 48: Ignite

(3rd POV)

Some time has passed ever since (Y/n) found out the possible identity of the group leader; Seikatsu Fume, a.k.a Vito's father. She sits on the balcony outside and leans backwards, staring at the bright half-moon up in the sky as it radiates light downwards onto the surfaces of the world. Her eyes travel from star to star, wondering what she should do.*

She lets out a little sigh, sipping on the mug full of warm chocolate milk. She feels a small chill of the night blow against her neck and hands, causing the girl to shiver just slightly. (Y/n) continues to look out into the night with light sources illuminating the buildings everywhere as she wonders about what she should actually do now.

(Y/n) then feels a blanket being wrapped around her shoulders; Dabi places the cloth around her as he saw her get a bit of chills. She smiles in response, thanking him in a gentle tone, watching Dabi as he slides the glass doors shut behind him. She notices him holding a chocolate bar in his mouth and giggles at the sight of a wanted villain just nonchalantly eating sweets.

"So do you want to talk about why you haven't done anything ever since we got those files? I know you've still been researching but what are you waiting for?" Dabi leans on the wall, lowering himself so that he's sitting across from her on the balcony.

She hums in response, knowing that he should know what's on her mind.

"Well it's just something I found out. There was no mistaking it..." (Y/n) leans back as she talks to Dabi, gazing up to the night sky as the moonlight ripples down onto her skin, "The man we saw in those files is the father of Vito. Thinking back, it was quite suspicious; after we turned 7, I never really saw him and just assumed he was busy. I never would've thought that he actually became a villain..."

Dabi huffed and chews the corner of the chocolate bar, shoving it into his mouth, "Vito is the guy you're childhood friends with, right? You think he was hiding this from you?"

(Y/n) shakes her head in denial, "There's no way he would hide something this big from me on purpose; he couldn't have known about this. I just can't believe that."

Dabi swallows his chocolate and wipes his mouth with the corner of his palm, pausing briefly before continuing as he stares straight into her eyes, "And the what if he was?"

Before (Y/n) can answer, her bottom lip quivers and she stands up quickly with her head lowered, "I... I'm going to go take a shower now!"

Dabi watches her scuttle away, knowing that she's refusing to acknowledge the possible harsh truth of reality; his eyes squinting just slightly as he can't predict what she's going to do next. Even on the inside, Dabi understands that she's possibly starting to have some reservations about this but stays silent about them; (Y/n) needs to come to her own conclusions.

__________

Getting out of the shower...

Finishing cooling down from taking a shower, (Y/n) combs her hair while it's still wet to get all the knots out while pondering carefully. Something deep down within her was burning; a sensation of wanting to know yet not know simultaneously. Her curiosity inside her burning and igniting within her heart, yet the truth right now seems so dull and harsh. What if finding out more just leads to her getting hurt; would it be worth it?

Staring into the mirror, (Y/n) places her hand onto it as she stays at her reflection as tears well up in her eyes, "Who am I supposed to be... What am I supposed to do?"

Those questions fill her mind as she starts to rethink every decision that she's made until now; from taking the entrance exam and running off with Dabi to play as a 'vigilante'. What was her purpose in life? Was what she was doing really right? Did she really want this?