Chapter 24: Composition

(Y/n POV)

Waking up to the alarm of my clock, I read '5:30am' and force myself out of the bed. Though work does not start officially until 8am for both Bakugou and I, I tie my hair up into a bun and prepare to go for a workout in the hotel gym that is provided to us. I place my gym clothes on and bring a water bottle and my phone, walking towards the gym.

I greet those working politely and go into the gym. I get onto the treadmill and begin to run to exercise until I get tired and hungry. After running for around 45 minutes, I get off and go back to my room to take a quick shower and go to the breakfast buffet area.

Taking a plate, I make my own waffles using the 'make you own waffles' stand and eat them all. I look at my watch, noticing that it is only 7am and decide to take a walk around the city before heading to work. I take some fruit and go out of the hotel.

I walk around the city and watch the business men and women go head off to their busy day. The sun lights up the skyscrapers, with some of the mirror-like panels reflecting the light off of them.

When it hits 7:45am, I go towards the Genius office and prepare for another day of internship.

__________

After training and patrol...

Wiping the sweat off of my forehead, I let out a sigh of relief from entering the air conditioned room. Stretching my arms, I turn around and see Best Jeanist crossing his arms.

"We will have lunch break now; everyone take an hour long break," Best Jeanist brushes his hair back, "(Y/n) come here."

Best Jeanist gestures me to enter the conference room within the building. I nod and walk inside, feeling Bakugou stare into my back as I go into the room. Best Jeanist closes the door behind him whilst I sit myself down onto the comfy chairs in front of the table.

Best Jeanist takes a seat across from me while saying, "There was an autopsy done with the recent mysterious deaths. We have found a small clue. Though it is small, it is a clue nonetheless."

My eyes widen, saying, "Did you find out anything regarding their deaths?"

"We were able to extract the small compounds exuding from the skin before it could evaporate," Best Jeanist carefully takes out a small vial with a faint red tinted liquid within it, "We were only able to extract a small bit."

Placing it onto the table, I stare at the bottle.

"We understand if you do not want to do this, but it would help a lot if you could identify the compound," Best Jeanist folds his hands on top of one another, staring deep into my eyes.

Nodding, I understand what Best Jeanist is implying to me. With the help of my quirk, I could uncover the details regarding the toxin in front of me. I take the vial and pop it open carefully.

"Only take a bit out just to be sure. A small drop shouldn't be enough to kill you," Best Jeanist hands me a dropper and I use it to take out a single drop.

Sweat falls from my forehead and onto the table as I shakily place the dropper on the tip of my tongue. My receptors then begin to identify the different materials within the toxin. I furrow my brow as I find out what lays within the liquid. Taking a pen and paper on the side of the table, I scribble out the different chemicals present within the liquid.

Best Jeanist quickly hands me some water as well, making me gargle my mouth and spit it back out into the cup.

"This is strange..." I finish writing the exact composition in chemistry terms in preparation to give it to the researchers assigned to the case, "This toxin is not anything special... It's made synthetically; no natural compounds within it which is normal.