Chapter 27: Confidence

(Y/n POV)

A few days pass from the end of the internship and my injuries have healed once more, excluding my left arm which still needs to be healed naturally over the course of a few months to years. I get up lazily and drag myself downstairs to eat breakfast once more. Noticing my parents are once again not home, I sigh and prepare to go out once more.

Arriving at U.A, I pull my blazer down to cover my bandaged left arm and walk inside. Everyone's heads perk up as I walk in and they excitedly hop over to my direction.

"I saw you on the news (Y/n)!" Mina swoons over me, pulling out her phone and showing photos of me next to Best Jeanist before we headed into the building, "The mission you went on was covered in the news online! You look so cool!"

Before I can reply, Kirishima pats me on my back exclaiming, "You must've learnt so much with Best Jeanist! I'm so jealous of you!"

I blush at the attention once more and laugh light-heartedly, "I didn't really do anything..."

"There you go again," Todoroki appears behind me and cooly mentions to me, "You always are so humble about this stuff. Have pride in the work you did; you did a great job."

I puff my cheeks up, not expecting praise from Todoroki and cover my face with the back of my right hand, "You guys give me too much credit..."

The door slides open and Bakugou comes in... with a hairdo, I did not expect at all.

"Are you serious Bakguou!" Sero and Kirishima begin to point and laugh at Bakugou's haircut as he angrily stomps in. I place my hand over my face as I try and stop myself from laughing at the sight of his ridiculous hair. Though I like it on Best Jeanist, it does not suit Bakugou at all.

His body shakes from anger as the others laugh at his straightened hair, "Don't laugh! It won't go back to they way it was, even after I wash it!"

As his hair returns to normal, his eyes trail over from me as I avert my eyes, occasionally gazing over at him as I try not to laugh at his face and hair.

"You laughing at me huh (Y/n)!?" Bakugou angrily stomps up to me and leans in close to my face, trying to intimidate me.

Unable to hold it in, I let out a chuckle while whispering, "I'm not laughing at you... Mr. Side Part."

Sero, Kirishima and I laugh together once more as Bakugou angrily spews out his usual angry comments like "I'll kill you!" or "I'll destroy you!"

Kirishima wipes the teardrop off of his face from laughing too hard and comments with a large grin, "It's good to see you two getting along! For a few days, I thought you two were fighting because of something."

Bakugou and I pause, making me look softly at the ground before staring back into Bakugou's eyes, "I don't think we are fighting anymore."

Remembering how kind he treated me when we visited Harlon, I smile at him and Bakugou's eyes widen just slightly. His expression immediately goes softens up, signalling his relief.

He smirks happily, different from Bakugou's usual smug face, hitting me lightly with the back of his hand on my forehead softly saying, "Yeah we aren't fighting anymore."

From the corner of my eye, I see Midoriya giving an almost longing expression at both Bakugou and me, making me avert my gaze back to the others.

__________

Foundational Hero Studies with All Might at Ground Gamma...

Standing in our Hero costume, All might explains to us our task for rescue training. I am placed in the same group as Midoriya, Iida, Sero and Mina. I look around Ground Gamma, noticing the labyrinth composed of many different obstacles and platforms. Forging a plan, I think about quickly manipulating the ground to get a high vantage point and to use that to quickly find All Might which would help me do minimum damage to the building.