Chapter 5: Hurt

(Y/n POV)

Walking back into the monitor room, the entire class congratulates me for winning making me smile, "Thanks everyone. I couldn't have done it without Ojiro! If he wasn't there, I couldn't have gone out to fight."

"Come on (Y/n) don't be so modest. If you didn't put those walls up, I wouldn't have that extra layer of protection to help me from letting Shoji in," Ojiro pats me on the back.

I watch as Todoroki strides in, looking disappointed in himself. His eyes then lock onto mine, full of despair and rage. I cross my arms and simply look away.

__________

We all go back to the classroom together and I decide to leave ahead of everyone. Walking down the hallways, I stumble into someone I've seen before. His indigo coloured hair flaring out of his head, with his distinct eyebags. We make eye contact and he shoves his hands into his pockets.

"That purple hair... You're the guy from the exam!" I exclaim, "I'm glad I get to see you again. After the exam, I couldn't find you to ask if you were hurt."

"Well aren't you lucky. You became a Hero student," He states with an unamused look, "are you just talking to me so you can keep your heroic appearance up?"

My face stiffens up from my relaxed expression,"What are you talking about?"

"You're so lucky you got into the Hero course with a quirk like yours," He spits out at me, not looking into my eyes, "I could never get in with a quirk like mine."

"Why are you putting yourself down like that?" I look at him with a dumbfound face, "If you have that attitude then you'll never be one."

He then makes eye contact with me,"You don't understand. I have a quirk that many think belongs to a villain."

"There is no such thing as a villain quirk," I retort back at him.

His eyebrows frown and he stares at me, "It is when you have a Brainwashing quirk."

"This is what I'm saying... You're right; I am lucky to have this quirk," I straighten my gaze and give him a hard stern look, "But who is to say mine is better than yours. I personally don't agree with the practical exams for U.A since they make you rely mostly on physical quirks."

His eyes widen slightly, "Are all Hero students this funny...? You're just saying that because you've never experienced having a quirk that's painted as evil."

I pause and walk closer to him, "My quirk can be evil."

"How so? I've heard all about you even in my general studies class. You're the girl who can manipulate anything as long as she knows what it is," He straightens himself and walks closer to me, competing with my retorts.

"That not that accurate. I need to know the exact composition, and like you've said... I can control anything..." I hug my body with my hands crossed, "...Even someone's blood."

He pauses for a bit unable to say anything.

"As long as I know the composition right...? So if I taste your blood..." I mumble, holding onto the sides of my arms, "You get it."

"Shinsou Hitoshi...remember my name," He utters out of his mouth, "I get it. You're interesting Tsukishima (Y/n)."

I shrug and smile, "Is that a compliment?"

He smirks and pats my heats the top of my head once, "Take it as you like."

We pause then realise how close we are standing to one another. I back off and he stands still, slightly flushed around his cheeks. I place my hands behind my back awkwardly and laugh a little.