Chapter 17: I'll be waiting for you

(Y/n POV)

"Congratulations on getting first place (Y/n)!" Uraraka flings herself onto me, giving me a big hug, "You were so cool when you took the last head band!"

(Y/n) embarrassingly places her hands onto her cheeks, "I felt so mean to Todoroki and everyone during that battle..."

"You were acting though right?" Yaoyorozu approaches me and smiles gently, "You did extremely well (Y/n); good job."

"Thanks everyone! Shall we get lunch?" I clasp my hands together, walking with both Yaoyorozu and Uraraka towards the canteen.

Eating my own sandwiches that I made myself in the morning, I feel my stamina replenish and my happiness level increases as well. I munch onto my sandwich with love and joy, savouring this moment of peace around me as I know that the battles are about to commence once more in approximately an hour. Looking up from my sandwich, I see Bakugou gesturing me to come towards him. I take my other sandwiches and head towards him.

"You need something Bakugou?" I say in between chews, "Did you want to talk about earlier?"

He nods and unexpectedly grabs onto my free wrist gently, guiding me into a corridor. His hair is lowered so that I am unable to see his eyes and so I'm unable to read the expression on his face. He slowly moves his hand down from my wrist and into my palm as we walk, warming my hand up. He suddenly stops at an intersection and I bump into his back.

Before I can start talking though, he clasps my mouth and moves my back against his chest as he leans against the wall. As I am about to protest, I hear a conversation between Midoriya and Todoroki regarding his past. When Todoroki reveals more about himself, my eyes soften and I relax my body into Bakugou as I feel sympathetic towards the two-toned boy. The two of us stay in silence until they two leave.

He releases me and I lean against the wall right next to Bakugou, commenting, "that was an intense conversation... It was a coincidence we came here, right? It's not really my business to pry into Todoroki's life so I won't say anything."

Bakugou stays silent and ignores my question, making me sigh and try to leave. Before I can walk away, he pulls me in and traps me in between his arms with my back against the wall.

"Stay with me... Don't go to the losers back over there..." Bakugou then relaxes his arms, slowly coming in closer by leaning his head against the wall right next to mine.

I can feel his warm breath against my ear as he continues to lean against the wall with me in between. I smile and raise my arms to embrace him, resting my arms on his shoulder blades.

Nuzzling into the crook of his neck, I whisper happily into his ear, "Let's stay together until the battle starts."

I feel a sense of comfort as I hug the boy, letting me embrace him even more. He moves his arms from the wall to rest behind my back, hugging me back as he calms himself down from his loss and for the upcoming battles.

Before we can go any further a voice calls out from the end of the corridor, I know it's Kaminari's voice, "(Y/n)! The rest of the girls are waiting for you! They need to tell you something."

Bakugou and I quickly separate and I turn around to look at him, saying goodbye with a single nod before running off.

__________

As I go to the girls as they change into the cheerleading outfits, they hand me one as well saying that Aizawa instructed us to do so. I change into it, feeling the costume fit around my curves, showing them slightly.

As we head out, we see the american cheerleaders dancing happily while Present Mic asks us why we were in costumes

"...We were tricked..." I hold my pom pom's in my hands.