Chapter 23: Smoke

(Y/n POV)

Being handed the list of names that would like to recruit me, I go through the list one by one to consider each of them carefully despite me only wanting a specific person. My eyes widen as I see a certain name.

Endeavor Hero Agency

I roll my eyes, crossing it out with a pen and moving on. My smile widens as I find the agency I've been waiting for.

Best Jeanist Hero Agency - Genius Office

Jirou turns around to look at me with a happy expression, asking, "You're going to choose Best Jeanist, right?"

Clasping onto the piece of paper tightly, I grin and nod my head with joy, "Of course!"

__________

Heading onto the train station, I walk proudly on the train, heading towards Best Jeanist's agency in central Tokyo. I wave goodbye to my other classmates, wishing them good luck as well. Getting on the train, I watch as another student gets on board as well.

Bakugou and I make eye contact, causing me to purse my lips and turn away from him while thinking to myself, 'I don't have time to deal with him...'

Getting off at the correct station, I walk towards his office as I've been there before.

Going into the 'Genius office', I sign into the front desk and inform them for the reason I am here. I greet everyone happily as I pass by each person. Some recognise me from before, while others know me from the sports festival. Running towards the main office where Best Jeanist is, I spot my current favorite Pro Hero standing in front of his desk. Not realising that Bakugou is also behind me, I run towards him and stand in front.

"Best Jeanist!" I exclaim with a happy face, "Thank you for offering an internship to me!"

"I'm glad you took the offer (Y/n). Now about Bakugou here..." Best Jeanist places a hand on his hip, "Honestly, I don't like you."

Bakugou, already dressed in his Hero costume, makes a sound of confusion while I look away.

"The reason why you chose my agency is because I'm one of the top five heroes, right?" Best Jeanist then raises his other hand, placing it near his hair.

Bakugou snarls in reply, "You're the one who made that offer."

"That's right. Lately they're all straight-laced, so you caught my attention," Best Jeanist straightens his hair while explaining why he has chosen Bakugou, wanting to change his crude attitude in battle and in the open.

Bakugou, angry by his comments, walks towards him, only to be stopped by Best Jeanist's quirk. My eyes widen while my smile brightens as Best Jeanist's quirk is being used in front of my eyes once more.

"(Y/n)! Are you laughing at me?! I'll kill you!" Bakugou yells at me.

I completely ignore him due to my attraction to Best Jeanist's quirk, pumping my fists in the air and saying, "That was amazing as usual Best Jeanist!"

"You flatter me," He chuckles lightly.

"Now let us move onto our duties. Bakugou and (Y/n), I'll be teaching you the basics together. However, I will focus on different things with the both of you," Best Jeanist picks up a piece of paper.

"Yes!" I reply and stand up straight while Bakugou grits his teeth and looks to the side.

Best Jeanist gestures Bakugou to come sit on this chair for a demonstration, which he angrily complies to.

"A hero must bring relief to people who require rescuing. Not only abilities but grooming, speech, manners, and elegance are necessities for a hero. Do you understand?" Best Jeanist brings out a brush and begins straightening Bakugou's hair into a flat hairdo.