Chapter 44: Rescue

__________

(A/n: An extra-long chapter to apologise for my long absence and also to celebrate for getting over 2000 hearts. I never really thought anyone would be that interested in reading my story that I write while I'm not studying or working... Thank you so much for the support everyone. It really means so much.)

__________

(Y/n POV)

"So, all 100 of you who passed the first test, please watch this," The announcer orders as the screen projects the live footage of the area being destroyed.

They continue to announce that we will be judged on performing rescue procedures. The HUC ('Help us Company') shows up on the screen as they explain that they will be the ones we have to rescue. We have 10 minutes until the exam starts once more so I decide to think about this situation carefully. I see Vito go along with the other Shiketsu High students and talk to Bakugou and Kirishima in the meantime.

'I'll be using my 'sense' ultimate move for this to track where the bystanders are as well as any dangers nearby,' I think to myself, placing my index finger and thumb on my chin.

My thoughts are interrupted as the alarm rings and the announcer comments into the speakers, "A large-scale terrorist attack has taken place. It has involved all areas of the city. Many are injured due to buildings collapsing. Due to the heavy road damage, the first wave of rescue workers are experiencing a long delay. Until they arrive, rescue activity will be carried out by the heroes to hand. You should save as many lives as you can. Well then... START!."

Running as fast as I can, my eyes dart around the newly made area. I spot that there is a lot of tall debris in this one section which could indicate many high priority citizens that have serious injuries. I decide quickly that the best way is to gain an estimate of how many people need rescuing, and to that, I'll need to cover ground quickly on my own for now and collaborate with another group later.

"I'm going separately! It's best to spread out and find as many people as I can and help others direct them to people in need!" I run separately from the main group, which comprises of Midoriya and the majority of our class and head towards the large area full of collapsed debris.

"Help me! Please I need help! I don't know where my friends are!" I hear a young girl crying her heart out and I quickly dash towards her as she continues, "Someone please help me!"

Landing gently right next to her side, I quickly examine her body and ask sternly, though paradoxically, kindly, "Are you able to stand? Calm down first alright? Breathe first and tell me what's wrong."

"Wah... M... My legs hurt and I lost my two friends that I was with even though we were together! I'm scared, miss!" She explains to me while calming her breathing pattern down.

I smile brightly at her and carefully take her hand in mine, "I'll find them for you! Trust me okay?"

"Alright miss!" In tears, she smiles back at me finally and grasps tightly onto my fingers, "But I want to know where my friends are!"

Before I can reply, I hear Vito behind call out to me, "(Y/n)! Let's work together for this part along with my Shiketsu classmates! We need to optimise the amount of time we are using!"

I look behind me and I see Vito on a blue neon coloured horse he likely summoned, along with the Shiketsu students standing along next to him.

"Vito!" I think to myself for a bit after I shout out his name and reply, "Perfect! I need to look for this girl's friends while I carry her to the first aid."

I place a bit of debris into my mouth then spit it out on the side. Closing my eyes I use the 'sense' ultimate move I've trained multiple times just for a moment like this. I quickly identify multiple unknown movements in an area not too far from us.