Chapter 21: Avenge

(Y/n POV)

Darkness once again. Pain filling my lungs. An uneasy feeling settling in my stomach.

My chest burning as if my body was on fire from the inside.

Sadness welling up inside of me.

"You can control anything? Even blood? You're a freak Tsukishima!"

"Ew she has to taste things first just to control stuff! What a freak!"

"You'll never become a Hero! You're quirk isn't cool enough or strong enough!"

"You'll never be good enough!"

Ah... It's been a while since I've heard someone say those words to me. Hurtful words...

Should I cry? Should I scream? Should I fight back...?

What should I do?

Can I really be a hero like this?

Harlon... What should I do?

__________

Opening my eyes suddenly, I begin to hyperventilate and someone rushes to my side.

"Calm down dear... You just fainted don't worry. Take my hand," A familiar old but soothing voice calls out to me, making me grip onto their hand and clasp it inside my palm.

I turn my head, strands of hair falling in front of my face, "There, are you calming down now dear?"

I gulp and nod, saying in between breaths, "Yes... Thank you Recovery girl."

"I lost didn't I?" I let go of Recovery girl's hand, placing it onto my forehead as I try to figure out my last moments before passing out, "I took Bakugou's explosion face on and fainted..."

"Yes, you lost but you got second place. You should head towards the stadium; they're having the awards ceremony soon," Recovery girl walks towards her desk and takes a bottle of pills, handing them to me.

I look at the label of the pills, reading, "Painkillers... thank you; I will need this."

"I managed to fix your left arm once more, but this time when it heals it might hurt. Take these only if you need to and come back to me if it becomes worse," The kind lady instructs me, making me smile and hold onto the bottle tightly.

Tears slowly fall from the edges of my eyes as I struggle to keep a smile on my face.

__________

Standing on the second place of the podium, I gaze at my bandaged left arm thinking about my fight with Bakugou. I look over at him and he doesn't even acknowledge my presence. He continues to stand completely still; hands shoved into his pockets without saying a word. Letting out a breath of air, I avert my gaze to the floor, knowing that I most likely hurt Bakugou by releasing him from my quirk and 'holding back'.

'I expected him to roar with anger at me or at least try to fight me so seeing him this still and calm scares me...' I think nervously to myself, clutching my injured arm even harder.

As we hear cheers, I smile and wave at my classmates, hoping that my happy facade will work on them and on the media. My classmates wave back but look at Bakugou, wondering why he looks really pissed but isn't saying anything.

"This years medals will be presented by this man..." Midnight announces proudly.

I look up at the top of the stadium, hearing a comforting loud laugh echo into the space of the stage. I smile, knowing that All Might will be presenting our medals. The crowd goes wild as they hear the Top Hero jump into the middle of the stage.