Chapter 34: Chilled Warmth

(Y/n POV)

Standing outside of the mall waiting for Todoroki, I brush strands of my hair behind my left ear and awkwardly wait longer. I wait while staring at my phone while looking up every now and again to see if he's arrived yet. Todoroki invited me to go shopping for the training camp coming up and I said yes since I had nothing else to do. I also needed to buy a few supplies for myself just in case. Even though the rest of the class was also going shopping together, Todoroki insisted we go by ourselves. He heavily emphasised "only us" a few times.

"(Y/n) I hope you weren't waiting too long," I hear Todoroki's voice in front of me and I turn my phone off and place it into my pocket while smiling at Todoroki.

I stop leaning on the wall and swing my arms to push myself forward, "Not at all; I just got here myself."

"Shall we go into the mall now?" Todoroki then takes my hand and guides me into the mall, "There's a few things I would like to buy and do with you today."

Before I can pull my hand away from instinct, I feel the cold air-conditioned area of the mall and decide to enjoy Todoroki's warmth from his right hand. Even though his right side is where his ice comes from, I can't help but enjoy this chilled warmth exuding from the palm of his hand.

As we continue to walk around the mall to find the stores we need. We end up heading towards a supply shop first to pick up essentials like bandaids and such.

We head into a glasses shop because I asked for fun and I take a pair, placing it onto his face and giggle.

"Do I look funny?" Todoroki looks into a mirror and adjusts the glasses on his face, "I don't think I suit them."

I take another black-rimmed glasses and place them onto his face as I take the other one-off, "You look handsome Todoroki! You suit them."

I watch him blush from my comment as he takes them off while pouting slightly, "You're embarrassing me..."

I laugh as I tease him more and we decide to leave without buying anything as we didn't need glasses rims for the training camp. We head off towards the other stores happily while holding each other's hand.

__________

An hour later...

As we walk around the corner, I spot a certain green bush of hair walking around and pull Todoroki back behind the wall making him stumble. My grip on his hand tightens and he becomes confused with me and tilts his head.

"Are you alright (Y/n)?" Todoroki tries to continue walking and I pull him hard enough to make him stop walking, "Is there someone there?"

I hear Midoriya's voice approach and I quickly pull Todoroki along with me into the nearest clothes shop and shove him into a changing room along with me while those who work there aren't looking. My panic increases just slightly as I hear Midoriya, Uraraka and our other classmates voices.

We hear shuffling of shoes followed by Uraraka asking, "I thought I saw (Y/n) just now, or am I imagining things?"

The others giggle in response and Mina happily exclaims, "Apparently she had other plans! Maybe she's on a date~"

"Maybe she's on a date right here!" Kaminari swoons and makes kissy-face sounds, "I want to go on a date with (Y/n)... She's so lovely~"

We hear Kaminari jump all of a sudden and exclaim, "Woah Midoriya! Why are you glaring at me so intensely? Did I do something?"

"Oh no sorry! I didn't mean to glare at you!" Midoriya panics and apologises quickly.

As their different theories begin to pile on, I hug Todoroki tightly as my eyes stay wide open. Todoroki notices my uncomfortable nature from others talking about what I could possibly doing and places his arms around me. I feel his warmth comfort me and I nuzzle into his collarbone as we wait for our classmates to leave.