Chapter 16: Advantage

(Y/n POV)

"The first game of the first year stage is finally finished!" Midnight announces, licking her lips, "Now, please view the results!"

"Next, the real game begins. From here on, the press will be excited! Do your best!" Midnight whips the air, "Although I know what it is... What could it be? And now, Here it is!"

Cavalry Battle

"Let me explain... Participants will form your own group of two to four members. The rules are no different from a regular cavalry battle. But there's one difference; according to the results of the last race, each player will be assigned a point. "

I look up at the board, finding how many points I am worth, it being around 405 points. I then find out that first place is equivalent to ten million points, making Midoriya and easy target. I cross my arms and think of who I would like to partner up with. If there is one person I would like to be in the cavalry with, I can only think of one person.

"You have 15 minutes to start negotiating your team members!"

A crowd suddenly forms around me from students in all types of classes, "(Y/n) join my team please!"

I laugh awkwardly and try to run from the crowd. They try to chase after me but I hide behind the person I was looking for.

"(Y/n) what are you doing?" Shinsou's tired eyes look into my own as I hide behind him, "Shouldn't you be looking for a team right now?"

"Yes! I wanted to ask you to team up with me!" I happily sway back and forth, moving in front of him, "I have the perfect strategy in mind for all of us!"

"You know my quirk right? I already have members using that, you realise that right?" Shinsou crosses his arms across himself, probably judging me for wanting to be in his team.

"And you know my quirk right? You don't need to use your quirk on me because I want to help you out willingly..." I smirk at Shinsou, trapping him into saying yes to me, "So let's just hurry up so I can tell you this cool plan I have."

Shinsou places his hands on his hips, smirking back at me, "Alright then, since you're so confident. Let's do this."

Peering behind Shinsou, I lean to the side and see the students behind him saying their names, "You managed to get Ojiro and Aoyama from my class? Impressive!"

Shinsou's eyes twitch as he huffs and crosses his eyes once more, "I still don't understand why you don't think it isn't evil..."

I whisper to him so that other students don't hear, "I mean imagine your quirk in a hero situation. If there's a hostage situation of someone threatening, you could literally tell them to stop and they'll listen. How amazing is that? I love a quirk like yours."

He frowns and attempts a blush to forcefully be pushed down, though the tips of his ears go red and he pouts slightly, "I guess so... You're the only one to tell me something like that; thanks..."

I stick my tongue out at him and wink, "Now let me tell you what I have planned..."

__________

(3rd POV)

Tying the headband onto his forehead, (Y/n) pretends to kiss the top of Shinsou's head. She then proceeds to kiss Shinsou's cheek.

He blushes and backs away a bit, stammered slightly at the gesture, "W...What?"

"I needed to cover up the fact that I now know the composition of the headband by kissing you. Sorry if it was sudden..." (Y/n) whispers to him while pretending to be a bit more lovey-dovey by hugging him.