Chapter 10: Harlon

(3rd POV)

"What do you mean discovered?" Bakugou leans slightly forward, obviously interested in what she meant by 'discovered'.

"Let's start from the beginning first," (Y/n) instinctively uses her right arm to push her hair out of her face on the right side, tracing her fingers over her memorable flower earring.

"Alright..." Bakugou, wanting to show respect for someone whose loved one died, maturely listens to every word and looks into her beautiful (e/c) eyes.

"Let's see..." She removes her gaze from Bakugou's eyes and looks in front of her lap instead,"Firstly, Tsukishima Harlon was my older brother by around 9 years. When he died he was just starting his Hero career."

Bakugou uses her elbows to lean onto her hospital bed, "How come I've never heard about this? Or him who was becoming a hero."

"He didn't want to become so famous; he was trying to work with underground work to expose those who were doing illegal things." She smiles kindly; fond memories of her brother popping up into her mind one again.

Bakugou, wanting to tread lightly on this touchy subject, slowly asks, "So did he die during a job?"

She shakes her head with a sad smile painted over her face, almost full of grief trying to be covered through a smile that's been practised over and over, "No one could figure it out."

"What do you mean?" Bakugou's eyes widen, shocked that the police force in this country could not figure out the death of a Hero.

"When I was 9, a large box was delivered to my doorstep," The girl's eyes darken and become slightly glossy from the gruesome memory, "When I opened it up, Harlon's body was inside of it. I can still remember the day."

__________

Flashback... (Y/n - 9 Years old)

Sitting in the living room, (Y/n) swings her legs up and down while sitting on the couch happily waiting for the return of her family; her parents were working overtime for a big project while her brother was out doing Hero work.

She plays with her flower earring that she received from her brother the other day. He gifted it to her with his very first salary that he earned from being a Hero and said that earring was made from sapphires with a small diamond placed in the middle. When she asked if it was expensive, he shook his head that day and said it was worth every penny as he could see the smile on her face.

She then stands up on the couch. She gets into a superhero pose with both of her arms up; one of her arms placed stretched out to the side, though raised a bit higher than her head, while her other is stretched up vertically above her.

"The Manipulating Hero: Mutare!" The little girl imitates her brother and begins to run around the house with excitement when he comes home to tell her more stories.

Hours pass and it's beyond dinner time now; her parents wouldn't be coming home until the next day but her brother should be home. She called her parents earlier though they said that he was coming home soon.

"Harlon... Where did you go?" She wonders while sadly sitting at the dining table.

She decides that he probably is stuck at work or something so she heads off to bed first. She remembers the letter that he gave her when he first started work and looks at it. He said that he should only open it if there was no other way of seeing him, though being the smart girl that (Y/n) is, she figured that it was a euphemism for a letter when he was dead.

She prepares to lay in her bed, looking at her clock saying 3am. She pulls the blankets out and hears rapid and firm knockings on her door. Puzzled as they did not use the doorbell instead, she walks cautiously towards the door and takes a stool and stares through the hole.