Chapter 18: Flirt

(Y/n POV)

As Kaminari Denki and. Shiozaki Ibara have their quick battle, with Shiozaki winning, I prepare myself inside of the waiting rooms. I giggle excitedly as I place the support equipment that Hatsume gave me. I tighten the items around me and head out towards the battle ground.

__________

Tsukishima (Y/n) vs. Hatsume Mei

"Now it's time for the star student that you all have been waiting for!" Present Mic hypes up the crowd once more as I step into the battle area right outside of the lines, "The powerful girl who doesn't hesitate and uses her Quirk to her full potential! It's the star of our festival! Tsukishima (Y/n) versus. The one who is fully equipped with support items, Hatsume Mei from the support course!"

A loud burst of cheer erupts from the crowd.

"Your introduction sucks Present Mic!" I shout out at the Pro Hero, giving him a thumbs down and sticking my tongue out, "I'm replacing your introduction for Mei with this!"

Present Mic exaggerates being offended and places his hand onto his head dramatically, "What?! No it doesn't!"

The stadium goes quiet as they anticipate my introduction for my opponent.

I smile and shout with all my might, "Hatsume Mei! The star student of the support course! All of the Heroes in our year and the year above wouldn't have their amazing Hero suits without this girl here!"

Hatsume gives me a thankful look and nods at me, signalling that we should start. Before we can start however, Midnight whips her whip in the air directed at me.

"The equipment you are wearing are generally not allowed for the Hero course. You have to fill in a request before hand," Midnight informs me.

I start to say something but Hatsume talks before I can, saying, "I lent those to her! I thought it would be fair, especially since I am allowed to equip my babies! So don't blame (Y/n)!"

I smile at Hatsume's sportsmanship and nod to Midnight, telling her that my reason for wearing the equipment was due to Hatsume's request.

Midnight smiles and blushes, smoke blaring out of her nostrils, shouting excitedly, "Such youthful passion! I give you permission!"

Hatsume and I both smile and step into the ring with one another.

"Start!"

Hatsume and I, instead of fighting, walk up to one another and place our arms around each others shoulders side by side, announcing into the side microphones we sneakily installed, "Before we continue with the rest of the matches, we want to advertise these special equipment!"

The audience, commentators and students all look confused at the strange development.

"First up, these leg braces!" I let go of Hatsume and start running around the battle area within the boundaries.

As I continue to run, Hatsume says into her built in microphone, "Her legs feel lighter because of this machine! This special brace supports the users movement while running. Now (Y/n), pretend to attack me with you full speed!"

"Yes!" I run towards her as fast as I can, pumping my legs back and forth.

"Next up, the hydraulic attachment bar which is for evasion! Now as (Y/n) continues to come at me, these bars will help me evade incoming speedy attacks with grace," Hatsume evades my fake incoming attack and then turns around.

I pretend to try and sneak up on her, making the sensors activate, "There's a sensor in every direction! So I can handle attacks from the rear!"

She then nods at me, signalling that is time to move onto the next machine that she has created. I pretend to trip myself. The canisters attached to my shoulders then stabilize my form, allowing me to catch my balance once more.