Chapter 40: Hero

(Y/n POV)

Coming home to my parents that day was rough; I've never witnessed my father and mother look so distraught before. Even after Harlon's death, they would keep their composure around me to make sure that they would be a strong pillar for me. My parents scooped me into their arms as they tell me how worried they were and that they were waiting for us to come home to them alive. It felt heartwarming when they told me how much I meant to them and how much they love me.

Currently, I'm in the car on my way home with my parents after being released from the police questioning me. It was peaceful; the most peace and quiet I've gotten in these last few days. My mom is holding my hand in the back silently as we sit in the car. They don't ask about what happened, which I am grateful for as it was a scary moment indeed and I don't particularly want to remember my emotions on that day.

We arrive home and I get out of the car. Opening the door to our house, I see someone that promised to visit me after the training camp.

Vito...

He runs towards me and immediately gives me a large hug without saying anything. I feel his body is shaking just slightly from fear and I return his hug. My parents also join in the hug, making my eyes water from the loving gesture being shown to me right now.

After discussing a few things with my parents, such as if the villains didn't do anything to me and how they will consider the U.A dorm system, Vito and I head towards my room.

Sitting together in my room with just Vito and I, he holds onto my hand while he leans against me on the floor. I let him hold my hand as I feel him shaking just slightly once more.

Vito's smooth voice finally makes a sound as his grip on my hand tightens while saying, "Why don't you transfer to Shiketsu High School? U.A hasn't done their job right at all... Come stay with me instead. Please?"

I let out a small humming sound, thinking about what to respond with.

"That would be the most logical solution," I say, patting and grooming his soft multi-coloured hair, "but, I don't think I can leave U.A because of that. That would be like I was running away from all the danger. What kind of hero would I be if I did that?"

Vito sadly stares at me, understanding my rationale, but is clearly still upset, "I get it. I know you're strong enough to protect yourself. You're strong."

"Thank you Vito," I snuggle into his touch, "It means a lot that someone like you would say that I'm strong."

His voice cracks just slightly and he lowers his head to hide the expression of a broken heart. I see small tears fall from his eyes to his chin but don't comment on it.

"But (Y/n)," Vito whispers, "I don't know if I'm strong enough to see you get hurt once more."

His words ring into my ears; concern lacing them completely. His usual seductive tone was replaced by a wavering one, and his eyes weren't as bright as usual. I bring his hand up to my lips, carefully and gently placing it against my closed mouth.

"Still..." I place a light kiss on top of his hand while whispering, "Trust me to do this."

__________

Few days later...

Hearing the doorbell ring, I run down to open it but it appears my mother already welcomed the visitors into our house. I see Aizawa with his hair up and All Might still in his cast. The home visit time to address U.A becoming a boarding school was finally here. The two sit down onto the couch and my parents sit on the ones opposite to them.

I'm nervous as I was the main target of the villains and knowing my parents, they will not accept this so lightly. I wouldn't blame them; they already lost one child so losing another would bring back the pain again.