Chapter 35: Rivalry

(Y/n POV)

Awkward... That's how I would describe the situation right now. As I stand next to Todoroki and Midoriya, who just confessed a few days ago, I avert my gaze so that I won't be looking at anyone's eyes since it's just too awkward.

"..." None of us say anything as the awkward silence continues to pierce the atmosphere between all of the classmates together.

Uraraka coughs loudly and scratches the back of her head, walking towards (Y/n), "W...Well! Midoriya you should head to the police station with the detectives!"

"Oh yeah, I should..." Midoriya, before walking off, gives me one last look at stares straight into my eyes with a kind look to his face,

However, his gaze changes to Todoroki. His eyes have a more competitive look to them; almost as if he was declaring something with his eyes only. Uraraka seems to notice this then bounces towards me and takes my hand in hers happily.

She bubbly beams at me with an irresistible smile that is hard to say no to, "Since you went out with Todoroki, let's go home together! Me and you!"

"Oh yeah, of course, we can! You don't mind right Todoroki?" I happily ask, hoping that it wouldn't offend him.

Todoroki pauses and lets little sigh out, "I don't mind. Just make sure you both stay safe when you go home."

Unknown to me, Todoroki and Midoriya were thinking the same thing, 'Uraraka is so sneaky...'

__________

On our way home...

Uraraka and I walk towards the train station to head home and we smell a delicious aroma. We decide to head towards it and we find a waffle shop selling freshly made waffles. It was a shop near the train station so it wouldn't be too dangerous to order one before going home. I order one for myself, asking for vanilla and chocolate ice cream wrapped around the waffle.

"Ah! I forgot to bring my cash with me..." Uraraka ruffles through her bag and sadly gazes at the floor with a pout, "It smelt so good as well..."

I laugh and order one for her, "I'll give you one! My treat! You listened to me during the resort so this is how I can pay you back."

"No no! It's alright," Uraraka waves her hands, "I listened to you because you're a friend and that's what friends do!"

"I insist Uraraka," I kindly grin at her then ask, "Choose your topping and flavour! I think there is some mochi offered; You like mochi right?"

Uraraka nods shyly and blushes while points towards the menu, "Could I get the waffle with some strawberry inside of it and some of the mochi as well, please? Thank you (Y/n)."

As we receive our waffles after waiting a while and sit on the benches right outside of the shop. I munch into my waffle and happily chew on the contents; the warmth of the freshly made waffle and the coolness of ice cream balance each other out nicely. Though it was a bit too sweet, it was still enjoyable since I had a friend with me to enjoy this food.

I notice Uraraka staring at me, or maybe just my waffle, so I assume that she wants some and offer some to her, "Want to try some? This is quite nice."

"Oh yeah sure!" Uraraka seems to be caught off guard and agrees.

"Here say 'Ahhh'..." I bring the waffle treat towards her mouth and she erupts into a large red blush as she takes a bite.

After she takes a bite, she stays completely red and quickly eats the rest of her waffle as if she's in a panic. I laugh and finish mine quickly as well to match her. Uraraka seems to be very jittery but happy for the rest of the time when we go home, though I had a feeling why. However, I decide not to say anything as I don't want to assume.