Expensive Boy

Holy asdfghjkl... Who was that hottie standing over there in the corner?

He was just observing the party, quietly sipping what looked like wine, and just...watching.

Not like you were obsessing or anything.

"Hey, (Y/N), just go over there and talk to him."

You turned to your friend Rebecca, who was standing next to you.

"Talk to who?"

You feigned innocence, but she knew you too well.

Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"That boy you've been eyeing since we showed up," she said, taking a swig from her cup. "Seriously, (Y/N), you need to improve your skills at observing secretly, not out in the open where everybody can see."

You blushed; you thought you'd been observing secretly, but apparently it wasn't exactly secret.

Had he seen?

On that fantastic thought, you sighed, resting your shoulder and lower back on the wall.

"So, Becca," you began, "Do you have any conversation starter ideas? Cuz I need more of your superb advice."

She laughed dryly.

"Ha, ha, (Y/N). Very funny. Have you tried pick-up lines?"

You almost choked on your non-alcoholic beverage in your red plastic cup.

"Pick-up lines?" you sputtered. "On him? No way!"

Rebecca smiled and lightly elbowed you.

"If you don't go over and talk to him, I will."

You finished off your drink, and handed her your cup.

"Alright, I'll go and talk to him. Got any pick-up lines for me?"

Becca thought for a minute, tapping her finger against the side of her cheek.

"How about you do 'How much does it cost to date you? Because you look expensive' ? That one fits."

She was right; he did look expensive, and you didn't feel exactly thrilled to start off a conversation on that note, but you had no better ideas.

"Wish me luck, Becca. And if it all goes wrong," you pointed a finger at her, "I'm blaming you."

She shrugged, laughing, and you turned towards the corner where the boy was standing. You took a deep breath, adjusted your party dress, and boldly strode towards him, hoping you wouldn't flunk the whole thing.

"Hey," you said casually, leaning on the wall next to him. He lazily turned toward you, giving you a look out of the corner of his lidded eyes.

"Hello," he replied, low-key startling you with his deep, rich voice.

He was even more beautiful up close. Short but taller than you. Purple hair, piercing dark eyes, smooth face, perfect lips. A daydream badboy. Possibly.

You took a breath, hoping that you could pull it off.

"How much does it cost to date you?" you asked, "Because boy, you look expensive."

He chuckled.

"More expensive than you know."

"What's your price, hottie?" you asked.

"More than you can afford, sweetheart," he shot back.

You put your hands on your hips.

"Try me," you challenged.

He laughed again, his deep voice going straight to your heart.

"I'd say more than you'd make in about five years."

"Well," you smirked, "Then I'll save up for five years if it means getting you, expensive boy."

He took a sip of his drink, and, licking his lips, looked at you out of the corner of his eye.

Yep, he was attractive .

He laughed quietly.

"You're a persistent one, aren't you?"

You grinned.

"With some things."

"Yeah?" he returned, "Like what?"

"Like you."

He smirked, and your heart doubled its speed.

How could he look so hot yet so innocent at the same time?

"So, should you save up for five years, should I expect a call?"

You smiled.

"Only if you give me your number, Expensive Boy."

He took another sip, and surveyed the party once more. You suddenly wished that you had a glass of something to hold as you desperately tried to think of something other than How's the weather?

At a total loss for words, you just stood quietly with him. The silence between you was deafening, and you silently prayed that he would say something and put you out of your misery.

"If I gave you my number, what would you do with it?"

He low-key startled you, and you tried to keep your cool.

"Well, I would put it in my phone, and label it Expensive Boy, unless," you winked at him, "You were to tell me your name."

The boy laughed.

"I like you," he said. "You seem like my type. My name's Mashiho."

You were slightly stunned.

You were his type?

"My name's (Y/N). Nice to meet you, Mashiho."

You were slightly stunned.

You were his type?

"My name's (Y/N). Nice to meet you, Mashiho."

The rest of the party, you both talked, and you found that you had a lot of the same interests.

In the end, he agreed to go on a date with you sooner than five years and that he would pay for it, joking that you were saving.

•••

Many dates later (yes, he liked you that much), he asked you to be his girlfriend.

And you were happy with your Expensive Boy.

---

Comment and vote this story for more 🍀