Cute

Mashiho supposed it was not really surprising to find you in his room, even still, it never ceased to surprise him how utterly adorable you were. He'd been working all day on some shoots and choreography, having promised you a movie later that evening. He'd asked you to go to the dorms and wait for him since he wasn't too sure when he'd be home, but what he hadn't expected was to walk in to find his best friend curled up on his bed, fast asleep with his Matetsu stuffie squished against your chest.

Mashiho was prone to cooing over you, the word cute often finding itself on his lips whenever he was around you, listening to you giggle, watching the way you looked up at him with that adoring smile and those sweet doe eyes. And if it wasn't those things that absolutely melted him to his core, it was the way you leaned against him when you needed comfort, how you held his hand when you felt shy, how often he found himself admiring you. You were perfect in every way to him, if only he could admit it.

But seeing you there, fast asleep with Matetsu pressed against you, Mashiho wanted nothing more than to remember that image forever. Taking another moment to admire you, he knelt down in front of you with a soft sigh. Reaching out, he gently brushed the hair out of your face, the backs of his fingers smoothing softly against your cheek, eliciting the sweetest little hum from you as he did.

"Baby, I'm home." Mashiho spoke softly, his tone light and sweet as his touch brushed over your bare arm, gently pulling you from your sleep until you rose with a little mumble. "Mashi." You smiled to yourself, hand lazily reaching out for him and tugging his hand closer so you could hug it against your chest, Mashiho melting at your action, eyes softening and glistening with adoration for you as you sleepily curled into his touch.

"Missed you." You said, finally opening your eyes enough to see him, catching the way he looked down at you with such an adoring expression. "I missed you too, baby." You always became so flustered and soft whenever he used that name on you and watching you hide a little bit behind Matetsu's ears when you heard him call you baby made Mashiho want to lean over and press a kiss to your forehead and cheeks and everywhere else that you would let him. He'd only recently started calling you baby. At first, it was meant in a teasing way, but after seeing the way you near malfunctioned at the use of the name, he decided there was no way he could ever stop using it.

"I hope you weren't waiting on me for too long." He said, crossing his arms over and leaning them on the side of the bed in front of you with his chin propped up on his arms. Glancing over at the clock on the wall, you shook your head. "No, I think only an hour." You replied, a little yawn escaping you, a hum on your lips as snuggled against Matetsu. "Cute." Mashiho couldn't resist saying it, he probably said it too much, especially in front of his hyungs. It didn't help that everything you did was cute to him though, but it didn't keep them from incessantly teasing him about it.

They constantly teased him, calling you his girlfriend when you weren't around, to which he would always rush to correct them, putting a very emphasised tone on the word friend, even if all he really wanted was for you to be his girlfriend.

You giggled softly, breaking him out of his thoughts. Slowly, your gaze met his. Eyes, honeyed with a sweet warmth looked back at you with a comforting aura, his smile reaching high into his gaze.

How long was this going to go on for? The romantic tension that seemed to always pull you together, leaving the air between you warm and hazy with the desire to spill all of his emotions to you. Part of him was afraid to lose you as a friend if he confessed, but looking at you, at the way you looked at him, were you really still just friends? Mashiho couldn't remember when, but somewhere in the past few months, your friendship had begun to blur the lines and casual days out turned into something that felt more like dates and spending time with his best friend felt like there was an edge of romance to it.

Perhaps you were already something more than friends.

"Baby," He paused, watching at you looked up at him with a dreamy smile on your lips, completely content to be so close to him, to be in his presence. "You're my everything." His words were silk against your skin, lips only edging closer to yours. He hummed, wondering if he shouldn't have said those words out loud, but then came the way you looked at him. The tension clung between you, tugging you closer, making you reach out for him, your gentle, delicate touch trailing up, up until your hand came to rest on his cheek, caressing him so softly, lulling him into a sense of deep love.

"I've always been yours, Shiho." You finally spoke, words adorned with your hushed, sweet tone, the edges of your lips tugging into a lazy, adoring smile. It was true, you had followed him through everything, you followed him into his new life with his hyungs, you followed him hand in hand to Seoul, doing everything you could to assure him that you were always there, you were always home. No matter where he was, Mashiho always found a home with you. And he saw it now, the unconditional love that followed him in every direction, hanging onto every word, every move, every moment, it held on tight to his heart, an unbreakable bond.

You were always meant to be for each other.

"I've always been yours too, baby." He hummed lowly, leaning in. Closing the space between you, he captured your lips with his, sending blissful tingles of nerves through your chest, straight into your heart as you kissed him in tandem, slow and comfortable, like it was always meant to be.

"How about that movie?" Mashiho asked softly against your lips. "Or should we kiss more?" He asked, rising a little giggle from your lips as you turned over onto your back, Matetsu rolling out of your hands and onto the other side of the bed. "Who says we can't do both, Shiho?" You asked, biting your lower lip softly, gazing up at him with eyes that pooled deeply with pure love. He agreed with a chuckle and nod, his grin widening as he hoisted himself onto the bed and climbed over you to get to space next to you, gently shoving Matetsu a little further along the bed until he had enough space to lay beside you.

Mashiho watched as you admired him, deep in thought, eyes half lidded, lower lip tugged between your teeth as you attempted to hide yourself a little in your moment of shyness. "So cute." He hummed, before using his thumb to carefully free your lip, capturing you in another kiss, ready to spend the night making his love for you known in every way that you would let him.

---

Comment and vote for more oneshots 🍀