Crush

It was one of those exhausting days for Treasure. Waking up early in the morning and practicing until late in the evening the choreography or recording. Due to their approaching release of the their New Album, of course there was a lot of pressure on them. I, as their best friend, felt sorry for them. It hurt to see them so tired or pushing themselves so far,but what could I do more beside taking care of their dorm or constantly reminding them to eat or drink, to send them off to bed? Because yes, for the past days I've been coming and leaving to where they stayed so I could take care of them. These guys are some grown up little kids who need to relax now or they will go crazy. Especially Mashiho. I swear some times when I see them all barely keeping their eyes open, they look like ticking bombs to me. Ticking bombs as in they will soon break down and either argue or cry. I guess every fan doesn't want to see them shed tears, but being right next to them and actually watch them cry is more painful. Tell you something, seeing Mashiho shed tears is the most painful thing I ever witnessed. This man is so tough on the surface but such a softie on the inside... but I guess you all knew all this already.

To be honest, yes, I have a crush on him. Crush that lasted for at least four months already. It all happened when I stayed behind to help the staff at the set where they filmed. Carrying the make-up set back to the van to put them away with the other stuff, I happened to bump right into Mashiho. Do I have to mention that the still dirty brushes stained his white dress shirt? I expected him to scoff at me or something, but Mashiho only ruffled my hair, giving out a soft and small chuckle before leaving. I could hear in the distance as he invented a lie right there on the spot about the dirty shirt. Well, it's the small things that make us find a tiny spark in someone and pushing us to take a step closer to them, small enough to not shock the other party about the sudden change in your relationship. After that incident I kept replaying the scene in my mind for days, trying to remember how his big hand felt on top of my head, the slim fingers barely lacing with my locks... the touch felt so good, so warm, so intimate. And it made me want more. But he was famous, he was adored by every girl and desired; looking at myself I find nothing that's "good enough" for him. Not that me and the mirror are in good terms anyway... So I learned to be patient and convince myself that it was just my imagination, no way would I dream of having a crush or even date The Takata Mashiho of Treasure. ...But the crush remained.

Now I was sitting on their couch, eating some almonds and cashew nuts, watching the Come To Me and Bling Like This videos. Having my earphones in, I didn't notice when they returned. Doyoung was the one that pulled one piece off and paused the video (and I bet he did it on purpose: the man paused on Mashiho).

"Hello Y/N," he said in a cheerful voice but obviously tired.

"Ew, go and take a shower, Doyoung," I replied with a laugh.

"I am hurt."

In the meantime everyone, except Junkyu, left to their rooms. That half an hour while they each took a shower was peaceful, it actually brought a smile on my face seeing them yell through the door for whoever was in the bathroom at that moment to, quote: "get your ass willingly out or I'm going in and I'm kicking you out." Yes, that was Mashiho's line. Seeing me giggle, Junkyu asked in a hushed tone that innocent yet dreadful question: "Y/N, do you like Mashiho?"

It made me choke on my almond when I heard that, but although I could deny it strongly, something urged me to tell Junkyu the truth by a simple nod of my head. I knew he was close to Mashiho and if I admitted that I have indeed a crush on him, that would be the end of me, getting teased and all. But his eyes told me otherwise, that it was safe to let him know. I kept stealing glances at Mashiho until he disappeared into the bathroom, answering Junkyu's questions in a quiet voice.

"You know... it's actually pretty obvious that you like him," Jaehyuk added, out of nowhere right beside us and drying his hair with a towel. "You keep stealing glances at him and take greater care for him than for us," he finished with a cute pout that made me chuckle.