Jacket

"You came!" Mashiho exclaims as he all but tackles you in a hug.

You're scowling, muttering about how his sweat is getting all over you, but Mashiho knows you're here because you want to be, even if you refuse to admit it.

"You said this was an important game," you tell him, your voice muffled against his chest.

Mashiho can't help the grin that spreads across his face when he pulls away. You were actually listening when he brought up how important the game was to him.

Although you act like it was such a nuisance to be around Mashiho all the time, deep down you cared for the boy. So if you being at his game mattered that much you decided it wouldn't hurt to show up for him.

"Put this on," he tells you, tossing his jacket toward you, grinning when it lands on your face with a plop.

His boisterous laugh rings through your ears as you take it off your face with a scowl, hair most likely all over the place. It makes him laugh even harder.

"Why?" you frown, holding up said jacket as if it were cursed. "You washed it, right?"

"Yes, I washed it." You still frown up at him, scrunching your nose.

"Seriously, just put it on."

"Not until you tell me why."

He shrugs. "Just thought it might bring me luck."

You don't notice him scanning the bleachers for all the other girls wearing their boyfriend's varsity jackets, too busy struggling to put your arms through the sleeves. You may be smart when it comes to academics but you were a little slow when it came to things like this.

"You really believe in all that superstitious shit?"

"I believe in a lot of things that may or may not be true," he states, moving behind you to hold the jacket so that you can slip your arms through.

His hand lingers a bit over your own, his skin soft as he traces the outline of your shoulder. There's a feeling of warmth that shoots through your body that goes away sooner than you can comprehend it.

Before long, he's standing in front of you again, sending a cryptic smile your way.

The jacket is warm, you have to admit, but the way Mashiho smiles at the way it engulfs you makes you feel warmer.

---

A/N:
It was a small one hope y'all like it <3
Comment and vote for more one shots 🍀