Fall in love

The wind was gently blowing your hair around, your eyes focused on the boys playing soccer, but your mind someplace else. While they were out there having fun, you were sitting on the sidelines, thinking of how you got to where you are now. You've known Jihoon since you were ten. It was actually a funny story on how you two became friends.

Kids were running around, laughing and squealing as their friends tried to catch them. It was recess and here you were, sitting all alone on the swings. You put your head down, not wanting to witness how everyone had someone to play with but you. It wasn't that you were too weird to talk to, more so that you were new to the school. You had tried to talk to the others, but it was already nearing the end of the school year when you transferred, so it was harder to make friends. Sadness filled you when you thought of how your summer was going to be spent without anyone to play with.

A boy, walked over and sat by you on the swing next to yours, "Hi! My name's Park Jihoon. I saw you were alone and wanted to come over and invite you to play with me and my friends." By the end of his sentence, you were smiling at him shyly.

"Sure, and my name's Y/n," you stood up from the wing and followed him over to a group of boys.

He grinned and started asking you questions, wanting to get to know you, "I haven't seen you around, are you new here?"

"Yeah, I just moved here last week," your voice was quiet but grew in volume the more you got comfortable.

He nodded his head, "Cool! Why were you all alone?"

You awkwardly swayed from left to right, "Well uh, I haven't really had any luck on making friends yet..." Trailing off, you averted your gaze, not having the desire to see his face that was most likely filled with pity.

"Well, now you do! I wanna be friends," Jihoon said loudly and put his hands on his hips in a superhero kind of stance. You giggled, relief and excitement filling you.

And now years later, you're still the best of friends with him. Sure, you had lost touch for a little bit, during his trainee years, but when they finally debuted, he rung you up and wanted to meet up when he was back in Busan. You guys had meet at the cafe you used to go to when you were in high school. Honestly, you thought it would have been awkward, but it was quite chill and like you guys were never separated at all.

Thankfully, Jihoon knew you weren't the best with meeting new people, so he didn't introduce you to the other members of treasure until 2022. All of you quickly became good friends, Junkyu and Mashiho becoming your best friends alongside Jihoon, although Mashiho was shy at first. Gradually he became more comfortable with having you around, but it still brought a smile to your face when you thought of your first meeting with him.

"Guys, this is my best friend from Busan, Y/n. Be nice to her, she's really special to me," Jihoon said, wrapping his arms around you, lulling you closer to him, and squishing the life out of you.

One by one they introduced themselves to you, but it was the last one that had you smiling big. He shyly put his hand out for you to shake, "My name's Mashiho."

"It's nice to meet you Mashiho," electricity ran up your arm when you put your hand in his, and you could tell by the deep blush coating his cheeks, that he felt it too. And it was in that moment, that you knew you would fall in love.

"Yah! Y/n, why don't you come play with us? Stop being a loner," Junkyu's teasing brought you back to reality. You looked up and saw him and Mashiho standing over you.

Rolling your eyes, you took Mashiho's offered hand, getting and dusting the gravel off of your pants, "Oh shut up Junkyu, I'd rather be a loner than be seen with you." He huffed and pouted at you teasing him back, before walking back over to the guys, leaving you behind with Mashiho.

Your conversation was filled with laughter and smiles. It was easy to feel at ease with him, and for that you were grateful.

As you were discussing a new game that came out, Jeongwoo called out, "Watch out!" Both of your heads snapped to where they were and saw the soccer ball fly towards you.

Mashiho grabbed your hand, tugged on it, and pulled you out of the way of the incoming ball. Not knowing his own strength, he pulled a little too hard, resulting in you falling into his chest. The two of you looked at each other, the world disappearing around you as you got lost in the others gaze.

"I love you so much," Mashiho whispered lovingly, his eyes darting down to look at your lips and then back to your eyes.

Eyes widening, a blush staining your cheeks a red color, you asked him, "What did you just say?"

His eyes widened as well, realization crashing down on him, "I-I, um," he took a deep, shaky, breath before saying once again, "I love you y/n. I've loved you since the moment I met you. And I know you probably don't like me back, but I couldn't hold it in anymore."

It was silent for a while, before you opened your mouth, "You're right, I don't like you." His heart stopped and broke as he closed his eyes, not wanting you to see the tears gathering in the corners of his eyes. He was about to pull away from you, not wanting you to be uncomfortable, but you stopped him, "I'm in love with you."

His eyes flew open, staring at you with disbelief, "W-what? You love me?"

"Yes, I love you Mashi," you giggled and squealed as he brought you into a hug, twirling you around.

All the commotion brought Mashiho's band members attention to the two of you, and they watched with glee as he kissed you on the lips.

"Yes! Finally!" Jihoon's voice rang out, causing the two of you to break away from each other.

Mashiho stared at you with a gaze full of love, "Be mine." You beamed up at him, nodding your head, and pulling him into a tender kiss, smiling when you felt him return the kiss.

---

Comment and vote this story for more one shots 🍀