Friends With Benefits

Warning: mature language if you are uncomfortable then skip this part.

You sighed, turning around to see a smug smile on Mashiho’s face as he caught his breath. You tightened the duvet around your body, brushing your hands through your hair, shaking your head at his smirking figure.

The two of you had been friends with benefits for the best part of six months, it was harmless, just a bit of fun, no strings were attached. Mashiho loved the freedom being with you gave him, he didn’t have to expose a relationship to the media, but still got the best perks that came from being in a relationship, with you.

Little did he know, you had a little something that had been playing on your mind, that you needed to tell him. Whilst you enjoyed your time with Mashiho, you still often wondered if anything more could come out of what you had between you.

You tried to make yourself emotionless, but it was hard. He was gorgeous, and made you feel like no one ever had before. He treated you well, and was respectful, he loved to tease you though, and play with your heart.

Anything he said, you’d do. Anytime he wanted you, you were there. It was a vicious cycle at times, but one that you’d keep going back to. You’d fly anywhere in the world sometimes if he needed you, you just wanted to be with him whenever you could.

Your heart was pounding as you watched him separate his fingers, to brush through loose strands of hair. After a few long days on tour, he wanted to be with you badly. He wanted that stress relief that would help him feel better after a long few days.

He was oblivious to you beside him as he recovered, flexing his muscles, admiring his body, and the cause of euphoria that you were in.

“Mashiho,” you whispered, capturing his attention. He looked down at you, still giggling, ignoring the concerned expression on your face. “I need to talk to you.”

It sounded serious, which he wasn’t keen on. The whole point of what the two of you shared was that it was just a bit of fun.

“I got asked out on a date a couple of nights ago, and I said yes.”

His dark eyes widened; his smug smirk dropped. He sat up, turning to face you as you laid down on your back. “W-why would you do that?”

“You’re not supposed to care about what I do, remember.”

He didn’t want to care, he desperately wanted to pretend like this didn’t bother him, but he did. You weren’t his girlfriend, you were single, you could do whatever you wanted to do. But you couldn’t do this to him, he wasn’t prepared to give up his benefits just yet.

“Was he nice?” He asked in fear, terrified of your answer. “How did you meet?”

“Just at a bar. I was with some friends, he was with some friends, we both had a couple of drinks in us. We just started chatting, and dancing, and one thing led to another. He was friendly, and I just felt something about him, something just felt right.”

“I see.”

He didn’t have the courage to tell you how he truly felt, he was gutted that you’d found someone else. Was it because he couldn’t have you, or was it him being selfish? He didn’t know. He didn’t want to share you with anyone else in the world, you were his.

“There comes a time Mashiho where we need to grow up and stop playing games, this is all this really is. It’s just the two of us looking for a bit of fun from time to time. We’re not kids anymore, there is more to life than sex as you please.”

His eyes rolled, refusing to listen to the sudden mature attitude you’d gained. He wasn’t supposed to be upset, it was always agreed between the two of you that if one of you wanted to leave, you could, but now you were, he wasn’t sure he was prepared to let you go.