Enemies pt.2

"Go on a date with me."

You choked on air at that, did you hear that right? "E-Excuse me what?!"

Mashiho shrugged and crossed his hands, flexing slightly, "You heard me, go on a date with me this weekend. Heard there's a new ice cream shop here, we could go there."

"You want to take me on a date?" You look at him skeptically. Was this a test? Were you being filmed? "You're joking."

"No." He fixed you with a stare. "I'm serious. One date, if you don't enjoy that one date, I promise I won't bother you ever again."

You stood there staring at him, alarm bells ringing in your head. This can't be real. He's lying. "You? Never bothering me ever again? That's like saying you don't sleep with everyone you meet."

"I didn't sleep with you."

"That's different!" You exclaimed, face flushing. "You hate me!"

Mashiho tilted his head, his nose scrunching up. "I never said I hate you." You open your mouth ready to retaliate. "You simply assumed I did, my actions don't mean anything unless I say something."

You stood speechless. There had to be one occasion where he had stated he hated you. One. You searched your brain. Sure enough there was no such memory.

Not wanting to lose to Mashiho nonetheless you stomped your feet and said, "Yeah well that makes no sense! Haven't you heard 'actions speak louder than words'? I thought you were smart" You tsked, shaking your head as if you were disappointed.

"But I'm standing here asking you out, I'm sure that counters all the things I've done to you." He gives you a sly smirk, one you're all too familiar with. "There's really two options Y/n. One's yes and the other is...yes. Which one do you choose?"

If you could you would have burned him to a crisp with your glare. Unfortunately, you hadn't been gifted with laser vision like superman. It would have been quite a gift if you had. Imagine how peaceful life would be without Takata Mashiho judging your every move. Then again, you would miss him. Wait what?! You shook your head to clear your mind before looking at Mashiho.

"No."

Mashiho's eyes widened as he spluttered. "W-what do you mean no?!"

"N-O. No. Don't tell me you forgot basic english."

Mashiho clicked his tongue in annoyance, glaring at you. No one had ever turned him down. Whatever Takata Mashiho wants he gets. Right now he wants you.

"Why not?"

You gave him a look. "Well, it isn't exactly a secret that you sleep with anything that has two legs. I don't even know why you're asking me out, you never go on dates."

"That's because you're different."

You scoff. "Listen Takata, this isn't some shitty rom com that you can charm your way to my heart, this is reality and I'm smart enough to realise how much of a jerk you actually are."

Words seemed to die in Mashiho's throat. A jerk?! Sure, he annoyed you but he didn't think he deserved the title of a jerk. If it wasn't for that stupid bet he wouldn't even be asking you out. There was no reason why you couldn't go on just one date with him. It wasn't as if he was asking you to juggle swords and then swallow them. Besides, Mashiho was a very attractive person and he knew it too. What's so bad about going out with him? You should feel blessed he was even asking you out in the first place!

"Just say yes already woman. One date won't kill you," Mashiho groaned out, throwing his head back in frustration.

"One date with you will."