Basketball

You were never a fan of sports. More specifically, Basketball. Not that you hate it for all it's worth, it's just not your forté. Watching people play basketball never really gave you any amusement. Okay, maybe a little annoyance towards the arrogant jocks, but that's about it.

But why the fuck are you wearing Takata Mashiho's, the basketball captain of your school's varsity shirt?

You huffed with your arms crossed as you watch him run across the court while dribbling the ball, spinning around with a jump, then shooting the ball to it's ring using only one hand. A loud cheer boomed all over the court that made your ears ring.

Mashiho is at his peak right now. As usual your school is scoring ahead, thanks to him.

You leaned over to the barrier that is separating you from the court, the cold metal making your arm ache for a moment. You sighed as Mashiho yet again shoots you a wink after scoring a point.

How did you end up here anyway?

Well, being the competitive person you are-you started provoking Mashiho that he wouldn't be able to win against you in a game of mario cart.

Whoever lost, gets to follow what the winner wanted. In that case, it's making you wear his varsity shirt and watch him play.

You and Mashiho werent necessarily friends or enemies. Sure, he pissed you off most of the time with his cockiness, but you're not the type to hold any grudges.

You both agreed to be civil. Unfortunately for you though, the party you attended to was boring as hell which resulted to you and Mashiho ditching to play mario cart.

Look where it got to now.

You then again observed what Mashiho was doing inside the court, since you had nothing better to do anyway.

He sat down for a moment to drink water and stood back up to meet with his team, so you guessed they were given a short break. He listened attentively to his coach while wiping off his sweat using his shirt, giving the crowd a good view of his abs.

High pitched screeches from the girls behind you peirced your ears. Why the hell are they screaming over a muscle?

You shot those girls a dirty look, making them shut up almost instantly. You faced the court once again, hoping to watch the game in peace when whispers from behind you prevented you from doing so.

"Must be Mashiho's girlfriend, see, she's wearing his shirt!" was the comment that stood out to you the most. How did they know that this was his shir-

Right.

His name was written in the back of the shirt, along with a number 9. You were about to protest when a whistle rang from across the court.

This is the last round, if your school scores more, the victory is ours. You decided to let the girls be and just focus on the damn game.

You watched as the game started to get more intense. The opposite team is slowly keeping up with the scores. with each shoot of the ball in the ring, the crowd is getting rowdier and rowdier. And you notice yourself getting into the game too.

At this rate, the scores are too close to eachother, making you hold onto the barrier too tight. The timer is less than 20 seconds. Mashiho held the ball tightly, the intense atmosphere inside the court is overflowing. You were too into the game to even think straight.

"Go Mashiho! You got this!" You screamed on top of your lungs, making the crowd join with their own chants as well.

From far away, you swore you saw Mashiho smile. He picked up his pace and did a cross over to the player from the opposite team, making him trip on the floor. Mashiho took this as an advantage to get to the ring. Despite having the other players blocking him, he managed to shoot the ball right before the timer beeped.

Shouts and cheers are all over the place. Your side of the court is basically going feral. but that's okay because you were too.

You jumped up and down realizing that your school won. Mashiho tried to help the guy who tripped after shooting the ball, which just resulted to him getting rejected. The guy is clearly bitter for losing.

After screaming with happiness, you ran over to the court and went straight into Mashiho's arms, making him yelp at the sudden intimacy.

"Congrats! You did so great!" You smiled while swaying him around. "Thank you" he said while flashing you his famous bunny smile, hugging you back with his hands lazily rested on your back.

It feels good. Hugging Mashiho with his happy aura all over him. Even with sweat, you could care less.

"Wow Mashiho, I didnt know you had a girl!" a manly voice spoke from behind you. realizing what the guy said, you noticed your position with Mashiho.

You quickly detached yourself from the hug and saw people glancing at your direction. You looked behind you to see the guy who spoke, "What? I am no-"

"Yeah, i do, isn't she great?" Mashiho stated, draping his arms over your shoulder, pulling you close. You pinched the back of his hand that was near your face and removed his arm from you,

"Shut up?! We're not even friends!" you scowled, crossing your arms. He gave you a laugh and made you face him properly. He lowered himself down to your height, "Oh? We can change that" he smirked, his face unbelievably close.

"Get a fucking room!" the guy watched in disgust as he gave Mashiho a slap on the shoulder, leaving you both. The court was almost empty at this point, which draws Mashiho's attention to you only.

The least expected happened and he gave you a hug. With his arms all over your waist, he pulled you closer as he rested his cheek on top of your head, circling his palms on your back in the process.

"Thank you for cheering me on today, I appreciated it." he smiled, a real one. You couldnt help but smile back. this really felt good. you wanted to stay here forever.

"No problem, I wasnt expecting to be so into the game" you laughed as you relaxed yourself to his chest.

You both break off from the hug while Mashiho placed both of his arms on your shoulder, "Friends?" he smiled, hope in his eyes.

"Friends." you smiled back, holding the back of his palm that was on your shoulder.

"More than friends?" he asked, half teasingly.

"You wish, Mashiho." you replied, earning a laugh from him, a laugh that you want to hear more.

"Maybe next time though" you whispered as he pulled you in for another hug.

Maybe basketball isn't that bad if you're cheering for someone, right?

---

Comment and vote for more updates 🍀