Sleepy Night

"Mashi, no."

"Mashi, yes!"

You groan at the sudden lack of warmth, shooting a half hearted glare at your human heater. You thought you had done it all. fed him dinner (and dessert! his favourite cheesecake, of course.), set up his ps5 so he could play a few rounds and easily get to the top of the leader board, even let him go crazy for a few hours, singing his favourite songs till 1 a.m.

You thought that would tire him out on a friday night and dragged him to bed, the tune of 'memory of the wind' running in your head. You settle in and hug your favourite pillow (your boyfriend duh), head resting and breaths in tune with his lilting heartbeat.

It was when you had looked up at him to give him the customary goodnight kiss, that he remarked on you looking at him as if he hung all the stars in the sky. You place a tiny kiss on his jaw, shrugging and settling back down.

"The stars had fallen over time and you placed them back, it's only right i look at you like that."

His eyes lit up at your sleepy poetic self, mentally preparing himself to get away from you to jot down lyric ideas to match the melody he made in the afternoon. You've always voiced out that you find it weird (annoying but you love him too much to say that out loud) that he randomly gets inspiration at the dead of night, effectively stealing your precious sleep.

Mashiho looks at your pouty face, instantly regretting getting away from you.

"Oh, come here, my love," he pulls you to his lap, tucking your head under his chin. "Why do you always get motivation at the devil's hour?" you whine, arms immediately wrapping around his strong torso.

"I don't know," he sighs, "Why do you get all sentimental at 1.30, hmm?" nimble fingers, which you thought would wrap around your waist, find the ticklish spot instead. you try to resist the smile breaking out on your lips, looking at him with a, "Do you really want to do this right now?" look. Mashiho tucks himself into your neck, arms wrapped around you so tight like he's scared you'll disappear.

You take that opportunity in your hands, flipping him onto his back with all the strength you have left for the night. "Ooh, my strong woman!" he remarks proudly, both of you knowing he could've stopped you anytime. You straddle his waist, hands slipping under his thin t-shirt. "Should've known," you mumble, much to Mashiho's confusion.

"Should've known what?"

"You didn't take off your clothes before lying down. I should've known you'd get down to work."

He's always in awe of well you know him, too well. Its reflected in his eyes, shining up at you with love. He chuckles at your slowly reddening cheeks, "Come here, darling," pulling your neck down so he can place the sweetest and shortest kiss on your lips. You pout again, leaning down to give him another peck. And another. And another one, till your boyfriend is reduced to a mushy puddle of giggles and rosy cheeks.

His arms hold you in place, his slender hand sliding up to cup your face, "Why are you so pretty?"

You smile, becoming akin to a blushy mess of a teenage girl. Your smile grows, eyes turning into the prettiest crescents Mashiho has ever seen. it fades when you realise his true intention. "Nuh uh, Mashi," you fall on him, effectively trapping him.

"I'm not letting you out of this bed, baby. And you can try how much ever you want and also, don't bother doing the puppy eyes, Mashi. It won't work this time."

"Hmm, google isn't helping. Sorry, darling I don't know what rhymes with ethereal."

Mashiho shrugs, hands linking with yours, which were previously flying over his keyboard. "Its fine," he rubs the back of your hand with his thumb, "Tonight seems like a slow night but it's okay."

You shift yourself so you're facing him, still on his lap. His soft smile and eyes prompt you to snuggle into him, stifling a yawn while hiding your face in his neck. Your stifled yawn and tired limbs wrapping around you makes Mashiho realise this isn't your usual night. You're tucked in and faraway in dreamland by this time, either in the confines of your bedroom or in the sofa-turned-bed kept especially for you in the home studio. He ensures this is all done perfectly, even though a grumpy and sleepy you is adorable.

"Let's go to bed, darling," Mashiho coaxes, not knowing how you ended up in his studio. A blink of his pretty eyes, the ever-so-slight downturn of his lips and the lingering hands tracing your arms had him practically thrown out, followed by you pushing into the studio, telling him to, "Get it over with already, you sneaky bribing fellow."

He picks you up effortlessly, ensuring your arms and legs are around him, taking you immediately to bed. You're half asleep by the time your head hits the soft, cloud-like pillow, hands instinctively reaching out for him. Mashiho quickly discards his tshirt, nuzzling his face into your shoulder and arms wrapped around you tightly. your steady heartbeat almost lulls him to sleep when you say,

"Mashi? Baby?"

"Yes? Do you want something, love?"

"Hehe, how'd you know? I want to help you finish the song!"

Mashiho chuckles at your unusual enthusiasm, arms rubbing your sides up and down, a tried, tested and foolproof method to get you to sleep within seconds.

"I'd rather deal with unfinished work than a snappy baby, okay? Its sleepy time now."

"You think you're so funny-"

Mashiho sighs, insincerely apologizing which comes to your attention, tickling him in his sensitive spots for revenge. He eventually gets you to calm down, slightly alarmed its almost 4.30 a.m now. He has you asleep within seconds, his own eyes growing heavy and tired. You grab his hand in your sleep, mumbling something about not letting the cutest hamster ever get away. He soon follows you to dreamland, dreaming of ethereal beings and hamsters

---

Comment and vote for more oneshots 🍀