Enemies pt.1

The bustling crowd of students bumped into you repeatedly as you weaved through them to get to class. You kept a strong grip on your books so as to not drop them. People squeezed passed as you tried not to trip and fall flat on your face. You had slept through your alarms and were currently rushing to your class, cursing at yourself for this blunder in your head.

"Sorry, excuse me, oh shit!" You catch yourself as you tumbled to the ground. Your books splay across the floor as you winced at the sore feeling. Hopefully, no one would step on you or your books - you had paid good money for them!-. As for tripping over, you looked over your shoulder, glaring when you caught sight of a group of boys laughing.

"Aw is little princess hurt?~" You heard one of them call out, the others snickering in the background. You ignored them and started gathering all your books, telling yourself they weren't worth the trouble. You were almost done picking up all the books on the ground when one was suddenly snatched from your grasp. Looking up at the culprit you see Takata Mashiho, the bane of your existence, holding it up.

"Are you sure you even need books?" He snickers, flicking through it. "You're not even smart, why bother studying if it doesn't do you any good?"

You feel your blood boil. How dare he?! You were smarter than him in every possible way. He had no right to mock you, sure he was smart but you always placed second. If there was one thing you hated, it was being second best to Takata Mashiho.

"You'll just come second like always."

That comment hit you hard. You tried to keep your cool, resisting the urge to punch him in the face. Sure, Mashiho was annoying but there was no way you were going to create a scene because of it. Not again. Instead, you rolled your eyes, choosing to ignore him and walked away. There would be no reason to argue with a dumbass. Why waste your time?

Mashiho watched as you walked away. He smirked to himself. Despite acting calm, he'd known you long enough to know that you were fuming inside. There were buttons he knew how to push to get the reaction he wanted and he thoroughly enjoyed provoking you.

--------

You stumbled into the classroom, panting from the light jog. "Damn I need to get back in shape, Jesus Christ." you whispered to yourself.

"Miss Y/L/N, care to explain why you're five minutes late to the class?" Your professor's voice boomed in the small classroom. You look at him, giving him a sheepish smile as you rub your neck.

"I... got lost...?"

What was that?! You wanted to smack yourself at your own words. So much for your perfect attendance.

"You got lost?"

"Y...es..."

Your professor took a deep breath, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Just, just go to your seat."

You scurried to your seat, setting down your books and sitting down. You heard snickering from beside you and you turned your head slightly towards the sound to see none other than Takata Mashiho laughing at you. Feeling your face flush in embarrassment, you turned towards your professor and started jotting down notes. You were not going to get riled up by Mashiho during a class.

-----------

It's official. Life hates you. You must have been some sort of a witch in your last life who thrived by torturing others. That had to be it. Why else would you ever get partnered with Takata freaking Mashiho for your science project?! Apparently, the professor had said it was because you two were 'top students that will compliment each other well'. But you're certain it was actually because she hated you and you must have tortured her or something in your past life and this was her way of getting revenge. You're pretty sure you came up with at least 7 ways to end Takata Mashiho in the time he took to move his seat closer to you for 'discussing details about the project.'

"So you're gonna draw the diagram and write everything," Mashiho started as soon as he sat down. He dumped his bags to one corner taking out the necessities. "I will be supervising you as I'm clearly the better one here."

Oh how much you craved to just lean forward and wrap your fingers around his neck and choke him. How can a person be this insufferable? You could just shove a damn pen up his-

"Alright class dismissed! Remember, the deadline is on Monday next week! Have a nice weekend." Your professor announced, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, don't screw up the project."

With that Mashiho left you sitting there fuming at him. You let out a tired sigh and begin packing up to leave too, mind running wild. Why couldn't Mashiho just be a good person for once?

----

The weekend seemed to go by in a flash, just you working on the project with Mashiho, who had surprisingly been quite helpful. Just when you thought he had a heart, he had said it was 'so you don't ruin my grades.' Yeah nevermind he still sucks.

What you didn't know was Mashiho being nice - well as nice as a jerk can get anyway - was because he had a bet to win. One of the boys had proposed a bet after class when he caught Mashiho bickering with you yet again. The bet was simple really, ask you out and date you for a while before leaving you. Mashiho had refused at first but then everyone started taunting him. Who liked getting mocked? No one. It was plain simple anyways, no one would actually get hurt, wasn't like you liked him. So he accepted.

It wasn't easy to catch your attention, given the fact the both of you were mortal enemies, it was near impossible. He did everything in his power so you would look at him but all tactics had somehow managed to flop. There was only one other way of actually getting you to notice him and that was annoying you. However, that would ruin the whole point of the bet.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n." Mashiho chanted as he poked you on the cheek incessantly. "Y/n pay attention to meeee." He continued to whine.

You felt your right eye twitch. Why was this dumbass bothering you?! There was no reason for him to even be five feet close to you.

"What is it Mashiho?" You turn to him, a sickly sweet smile on your face. "What is so important that you're trying to talk to me?"

Mashiho grinned, his eyes turning into crescents as he poked his cheek and gave a wink. "Hi~ How are you doing?"

Is he for real right now? Did he think he was cute? You felt like throwing up. "Takata what are you up to? You never act," you started, eyes squinting in suspicion, "like whatever you're doing right now."

Mashiho gasped and placed a hand on his chest as if in pain before exclaiming, "What?! Me? Up to something? Impossible, I'm as innocent as an angel."

An angel? More like a devil. There was no way he was telling the truth. You'd known him long enough and not once in your life had he treated you with such...whatever that emotion was.

"Right. An angel. Okay." You nodded.

"Do you not believe me? You can ask anyone on this campus and they would tell you how amazing I am." He gestured his hands wildly.

You scoffed at that, of course they would, he had slept with the majority and had the remaining wrapped around his tiny fingers. Plus, no one wanted to cross Takata Mashiho. He ruled the campus and everyone knew it.

"Listen, just get to the point. I don't have time for this nonsense." You said, rolling your eyes and huffing. You had to get to your next class in about five minutes. There was no way you were going to be late because some idiot was bothering you.

"Go on a date with me."

---

Comment and vote for next part 🍀