Cafe

The morning rush at the cafe lasted for about two hours. Following the mayhem was a steady flow of customers who were intent on pursuing their goals. Those goals are different for each person. Some are intent on working away from the office or the same four walls of their home. A change of scenery tends to help with motivation. Others are students who find this a suitable environment because it's the ideal spot. Caffeine for an adrenaline rush and slightly less exhaustion. That's the dream. For others this was a means of having a break from the mess of life.

Mashiho tends to engage in conversation with every single guest that approaches the counter. While in the midst of creating their choice of drink, he would look over the espresso machine to meet their gaze. He believed that is the best way for them to feel heard and seen.

Naturally, this is what brought people back repeatedly.

There is one particular person he adored to see. Everyday the second she walked through the door, his eyes would light up.

"She's so hot," Mashiho said to his surrounding coworkers.

All but one knows exactly who he is referring to. Today happens to be Doyoung's first shift so he is unaware of the daily routine. If that's what you could call this.

"She's a regular?" Doyoung asked while looking at the new face that stepped into the back of the line.

"Yeah," Junkyu muffled a laugh. "Practically lives here just like this coffee bean."

Junkyu nudged Mashiho's head while passing him to the stock of pastries.

Slowly but surely the person in question stepped up to order you. Before Doyoung could open his mouth, Mashiho announced your favorite drink. There was no need for him to tap on the register because Mashiho started to make it.

"You look lovely today," Mashiho winked in your direction. "Oh, this is on the house."

Mashiho directed that towards Doyoung.

"You're new?" You turn your focus to him momentarily. "I hope this guy hasn't been too much of a pain."

Mashiho smiled, "Me? Never."

"It's been great so far," Doyoung answered honestly. "He has taught me well."

There wasn't much time to hold a conversation as others were waiting. So, you quickly shuffled over to your usual table to begin working.

This is when Mashiho took it upon himself to play a little game, one of shock and awe (that lasts about five seconds). He truly desired to trick Doyoung. But how? Easy. He was going to smooth talk you into a kiss.

"You're going to what now?" Doyoung asked in disbelief.

"You heard me," Mashiho beamed. "I'm going to deliver her drink and flatter my way into a smooch."

Doyoung's eyes widened, "This has to be a joke."

It was, in fact, not a joke.

Mashiho made sure everyone's beverages were done before moving towards you. He guided your cup onto the table near your hands that were currently occupied on the keyboard. Doyoung couldn't help but observe the entire interaction for any sign of an upcoming disaster. Instead, he noticed your demeanor relax. You even leaned closer over the table to engage in a lighthearted conversation with Mashiho.

Moments passed when Mashiho then decided to stand up to return to work. However, prior to walking away he lowered his head to plant a kiss on your lips. Several kisses.

"No fucking way," Doyoung muttered under his breath.

It wasn't a surprise that Mashiho felt his stare. He took the opportunity to turn around and point his ring finger towards Doyoung. There he could see a silver band.

"My wife," he mouthed to Doyoung.

Doyoung scoffed, "That's unfair! You can't trick me like that."

"Are you messing with the new staff again?" You looked up at Mashiho with narrowed eyes. "Shame on you."

"Would it be appropriate to say I love you?" Mashiho forced his lower lip into a pout.

You shook your head in softened laughter, "And I love you."

He bounced on his tiptoes in playfulness. Being able to see you at work never failed to make his day worthwhile. Yes, he liked playing with others for the sake of showing you off as his wife.

"I must return," he quickly cupped your cheeks to kiss you tenderly. "Do boss lady things."

"I will try," you smiled into his touch.

"Never forget," Mashiho backed away but not before holding your gaze once again. "I am here to espresso my love."

Doyoung stepped back from the register, "This isn't just your average cafe, huh?"

"Not in the slightest."

---

Comment and vote for more oneshots🍀