Chapter 31- Katie

I stared at her with wide eyes. "What?" I asked and grunted when I was free. I stumbled, and she caught me before I fell face first into the ground. "What do you mean?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"Well, it's time to go," she replied and shrugged. She made sure that I was steady on my feet before she let go. "This was the signal that I was waiting for."

"Then how are we going to get out of here?" I asked and gestured to the door. "The d-"

The door made a weird noise when it opened, and Aunt Jess looked at me with a small smirk on her face. "That is the way out," she said. She cleared her throat and grew serious while she stood and held out her hand. "So, come on, and let's go. We have people waiting on us."

I looked at her hand and pressed my lips into a thin line. I had no idea what to do, but I knew that we were running out of time. So with a small gulp and a silent prayer to whoever was out there, I reached out and took her hand.

Relief filled Aunt Jess's eyes, and she squeezed my hand while she smiled. "Come on," she said and started to pull me after her. Her whole body was tense while she exited the room and stopped when she saw someone in the hall. "State your name," she said, her voice sharp and powerful like and in a way that I had not heard before. "And your rank." She covered me with her body and made sure that I wasn't seen by him.

"Glyn, Luna," the male said, and there was an accent that I couldn't place. "I'm a Warrior of the South Wales Pack."

She relaxed slightly and nodded. "Ok," she said. She cleared her throat and looked around before she looked at Glyn. "Come on. We need to get going. I don't know how long we can keep this up, and we have to make sure that we have everyone."

"Yes, Luna," Glyn said. He cleared his throat and looked behind her to see me. He smiled before he looked at her. "Your daughter?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied, interrupting me, and my heart grew warm because she considered me her daughter and didn't correct him, stating that I was to be her daughter-in-law. "Come on, let's go."

Glyn nodded and gestured for Aunt Jess to lead the way. He stayed silent and watched her back while I stayed close to her because I had no idea what was going on.

Aunt Jess led us with such confidence that I couldn't help but wonder if she had been here before, which wasn't possible because this was the first time we had been here. She didn't stop for anyone, but it seemed as if the people who were trapped in the cells knew that she was there to rescue them, so they followed her with no questions asked.

She kept a steady pace while she walked, her eyes trailing over everything and taking everything in. Her whole body seemed relaxed, but I could tell that she wasn't because of her hard grasp on my hand.

I stayed next to her while she walked and didn't look around. I was scared, nervous even, and I had no idea what Aunt Jess had planned and prayed that I wouldn't see my father.

Aunt Jess stopped so suddenly that I ran into her, but neither of us fell because Glyn and another male from a different pack stopped us. Her whole body grew tense while she stared down the hallway, and she waited for something.

Glyn was the first one to stir and moved closer to her. He took a deep breath and smelled something off. "L-" He stopped talking when she silenced him with a flick of her finger.

"I know," she said, her voice sharp and to the point. "Show yourself. Now," she said in a tone that had me rearing back in surprise because I had never heard her sound like this before.

I wanted to take my hand out of hers, but her grasp was strong, and I couldn't. My heart pounded hard in my throat, but I stayed silent because I knew that she wouldn't let go of my hand even if I wanted her to.