Chapter 5- Daniel

I leaned back in my seat, feeling weird that I was sitting in the Alpha chair with my father sitting beside me. I knew that he was pouting because I didn't let him sit in what used to be his seat. "So," I said, leaning forward to stare at the female before me. "What caused you to go Rogue?"

Sarah shrugged her shoulder and leaned back in her chair. Her hair fell in her eyes, but she didn't bother moving the strand. "I did not like the way the place was being run by someone that didn't need to be running," she said. Her face was blank, and I could tell that she was hiding something.

'Mom you are rubbing off on me,' I groaned through the link. "I know that that isn't all," I said, raising an eyebrow. "What are you hiding?"

'That's good, now maybe you can do better in school,' Mom said, sarcastically. 'How have I rubbed off on you?'

'I can tell that Sarah is hiding something,' I replied. 'Are the cookies coming along well?'

'Focus on the meeting. I'll have some saved for you.'

I bit back a scoff when she closed the link before us. "Well?" I asked, watching as Sarah shuffled in her seat. "Care to explain?"

Sarah shrugged and bit her lip. "There's nothing I am hiding," she said. She shifted in her seat, and I could tell that she was getting anxious. "I would like to go and see Katie. I want to make sure that she is safe."

"With Jess, she is," Dad said. He smiled, and I was glad that he loved the female that was made for him. "Jess is a fighter and protects people that can't protect themself. She is too stubborn to be told what to do and will have her guards do something else and-"

"Dad, that is something you need to discuss with Mom and not complain here," I said, interrupting him. I held his gaze when he turned and scowled at me, not fazed at all. A small victory smile appeared on my face when Dad huffed and turned around muttering an apology. "Now, how did you meet my mate?"

"What? Is there some sort of book that you want to write about us?" Sarah asked, raising an eyebrow. "I met Katie on the streets. End of story."

"Look, she is my mate. And, I know that both of you are running from someone. I do not think that it is from an Alpha that runs things the way you didn't like." I held my hand, stopping her from talking. "There are Alphas that do not run things the way that I do, but I think you are trying to hide from someone. Your hiding is just running away from help. We can give you a safe place here, but I need to know who are you running from. What is your story?"

Sarah didn't say a word, looking as she didn't want to say anything. "I am not going to tell you," she said. She pursed her lips together and looked at the three of us in the room. "I-I just don't... feel... comfortable with talking all of these... males in here."

"Would you feel comfortable if my mother was in here as well?" I asked. "Do you think that you will be able to help talk about what happened?"

Fear and guilt filled her eyes before she looked down at her hands. "There are just some things that I do not want to say," she said, her voice hoarse. "Is that so bad? I do not think that your mother would be able to get it out of me."

I huffed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. "For the safety of the pack, you will be having two Warriors around you. Both will be female. Patrick will be with you at all times if he is not helping me."

"What about Katie?"

I shrugged. "She feels comfortable around my mother, so I was going to have my mom watch over her with Jesse and Joe. If you want to hang out with them, then that is fine. I think my mom will teach her how to do stuff and slowly get out of her comfort zone."

Sarah scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Then good luck to her. I've tried to get Katie to open up to me, but it isn't going to work. She doesn't talk or anything. She just looks at her hands as if they are the most interesting thing in the world."

"You have not seen my mate at work," Dad said. "She has worked with troubled teens and knows how to communicate with them. She can help you out too."

"I highly doubt it," Sarah said. Pain filled her eyes, and I could see that she did want the help. However, she was scared that she would be turned away from help.

"I think she will," Patrick said. "She helps out a lot of people, even us."