Chapter 34- Daniel

I made it back to the pack house with my mate at my side, and my Beta and father stood from the couch, looking relieved.

"Thank, Goddess," Parker said with a sigh of relief, and I held back an eye roll and scowled. "I thought you two were kidnapped again."

"Very funny," I said and looked around not to see my mom with them. "Where's Mom?" I asked and looked at my dad.

My father pressed his lips into a thin line. "Resting," he said. "We had an argument because she wanted to stay up to make sure that everyone was settled in and for Katie, but all of this had left her very exhausted and weak, so I told her to rest."

I pressed my lips into a thin line and felt annoyed and mad with her again. "Of course, she is," I grumbled. "Are you sure that she is in her room, or did she leave again?" I couldn't help the annoyance in my voice and didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt for showing my annoyance about her.

Katie quickly pulled on my arm, and I looked at her. Her brows were furrowed, and I could tell that she was upset that I was mad at my mother. She shook her head but didn't say a word, not wanting to talk in front of the pack just yet.

I set my jaw but stayed silent while I looked at my Beta and father, wanting to know what they had to say.

"She's in her room," Parker confirmed and cleared his throat while he shifted on his feet. He moved a hand across the back of his neck before he looked at me, looking sheepish. "I don't think that you should have this animosity against her because of what some of the people we had rescued had said."

I scowled and narrowed my eyes, and Parker shifted on his feet and looked down, submitting. "And what did they say?" I asked, my voice harsher than I wanted it to be, but I didn't care. "And why didn't you wait for me to question them like you should have?"

"We did wait," Dad said and narrowed his eyes at me while he scowled, and I shifted on my feet, feeling slightly guilty for my tone with him, but I still held my ground. "However, they decided to share some information willingly. They are resting right now, but you can talk to them later once you two have rested as well."

Katie pulled at my sleeve, and I looked at her. Her brows were furrowed, and her lips were parted slightly while she looked at me. She looked nervous and a little upset about my tone, but she didn't say a word about it. 'I want to take a nap too, and take a shower,' she said. 'Can you talk to them later? Please?'

I hesitated but nodded and relented. "Ok," I said, and a small smile appeared on her face. "Only because you do look like you need some rest. We'll check on Mom first before we do that, though. Ok?" I knew that she wanted to check in on her because of whatever had happened to them.

She nodded and looked relieved. 'Don't argue with her, please. She wanted to make sure that we were safe even if it meant risking her life.'

My father shifted on his feet and cleared his throat. He didn't say a word, but I knew that he knew what Katie said and knew that it was true. He kept his face stoic when I glanced at him, and I could tell that he wanted to talk to her about something when he had the chance to do so.

I bit back a sigh and nodded while I turned my attention back to my mate. "I won't," I said, and she grinned a little, relieved. "Let's go talk to Mom and then take you to bed. We'll see what is going to go on with the pack when we wake up again. Ok?"

Katie nodded again. She looked at my dad and smiled before she looked at me. She didn't say a word, but I could tell that she wanted to talk to him alone after everything was said and done.

I bit back an annoyed sigh and subtly nodded, indicating that she would be able to talk to him later alone. I knew that I wouldn't be able to change her mind and silently prayed that she would tell me what they talked about later, but I wasn't going to push her if she didn't want to.

My mate smiled and nodded, relieved before she looked at my father and cocked her head. She stayed silent while she looked at him, and for some reason, my father knew what she wanted to do because he nodded in confirmation, his eyes growing softer.

"We may," he said before he cleared his throat and stood taller. "However, you need rest just as much as my mate." He looked at me. "Go and check on your mother, but do not yell at her until both of them are well rested. Is that understood?"

I growled and narrowed my eyes while I slowly nodded, debating on whether or not to start an argument but chose not to. "Yes, Sir," I said coldly while I set my jaw, and my father scowled but didn't say a word.

Kaite pulled at my arm, and I tore my gaze away from my father so that I looked at her. She frowned and shook her head, silently telling me to calm myself, and I took a deep breath and released it while I nodded, trying to do that but failing.

"Ok," I said softly.

"We can train later," my father said, and I looked at him, "that way you can take your frustrations from your mother on me. I do advise no-"

"I know, Dad," I said, interrupting him. "I don't want to hurt my sister or mother either. I will not take my anger out on her. I promise."

He frowned and nodded, and I could tell that he was annoyed about me interrupting him. "Good, now go. You two are dismissed."

We nodded and stayed silent while we walked away and towards the bedroom where I knew my mother would be.

Goddess, please make sure that my little sister is safe and healthy after all of this.

Please...