Chapter 42- Daniel's POV

I looked at my mate when I felt her tense beside me. I pressed my lips into a thin line and furrowed my brows while I cocked my head and studied her. "Katie?" I asked, and she instantly looked at me with wide eyes filled with guilt and confusion. "Are you ok?"

She hesitated and looked the way that Parker had gone before she looked at me again, not saying a word.

I furrowed my brows and cocked my head further while I stared at her, trying to get a read on her, even though I couldn't for some reason. "Are you worried about talking with Sarah in the room?" I asked, and she hesitated before she shrugged and grimaced.

She didn't say a word and shrugged again, pressing her lips into a thin line while she looked at her hands. Pain flashed through her eyes, and she pressed her lips into a thin line while her hands started to shake.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and looked at Mom to see that she was staring at us with intelligent eyes. 'Mom?' I asked through our pack link, and she cocked her head while she stared at her, not saying a word.

"Do... you want to talk to Sarah before we all go into a room together and discuss some things that we need her opinions on?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

My mate hesitated before she slowly nodded, not looking at us.

"Do you want someone to be with you?"

Again, she nodded and placed her hand on mine, silently indicating that she wanted me in the room with them.

I bit back a small snort as well as a small sigh of relief and nodded in confirmation. "Ok, then I will be in there with you, Katie," I said softly. "Sarah will be fine with it; I am sure."

She hesitated before she cocked her head while she studied me, pressing her lips into a thin line. She raised an eyebrow in question, and her look asked, "are you sure?"

I bit back a small chuckle and nodded in confirmation. "Do you want me to ask her?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "I can ask her real quick if you would like."

Katie cocked her head further and raised her eyebrows in unison, and I had a feeling that she wanted to know how.

"Via mindlink," Mom said, and Katie looked at her before she looked at me again and then at my mother with a raised eyebrow in question. She smiled and took a sip of her drink. "He can talk to her through a bond that they share because they are from the same pack."

She cocked her head further and pressed her lips into a thin line. 'How?' she asked and raised her eyebrow in question higher while she looked between us again. 'How does that work?'

We looked at each other before we shrugged and grimaced while we continued to look at each other, not knowing how it worked, but it did.

"I think the Moon Goddess made it that way when the first Werewolves were created," Mom said before she cleared her throat and leaned against the back of her seat, rubbing her belly. "They also have a different side to them in which they can talk to, as well."

My mate cocked her head further and furrowed her brows. She didn't say a word and stared at me in confusion and wonderment, and I instantly nodded in confirmation.

"It's like a second voice, per se," I said before I shrugged and grimaced, "or a second... entity in the same space as your mind. You can talk to them, and they can talk to you. They can sometimes take control of their... "hosts" body and act differently than what their... "host" normally acts."

'You make me sound like a parasite,' my wolf growled teasingly. 'I am not a parasite.'

I bit back a small chuckle and mentally shook my head. 'No,' I replied. 'You aren't a parasite. You are a part of me just as much as I am a part of you.'

'Hmph,' Bruce said, unamused, even though I could tell that he was pleased that I didn't think he was a parasite but was a part of me.

Katie cocked her head and studied me. She didn't say a word, but I could tell that she was curious about that and if he could take control of our shared body.

"His name is Bruce," I said. "He can take control of my body, but we're in an agreement that I stay in control unless he is needed."

"Or if they become super angry," Mom said and took a sip of her drink. She cleared her throat and shifted in her seat, placing the drink down again. "It happens a few times, but it's not something that you will need to worry about."

My mate grew tense beside me and frowned. She slowly blinked and blinked before she looked between us again, and her eyes grew wide while her face became pale when a thought entered her mind.

I bit back a small chuckle and shook my head, knowing full well what she was thinking. "He will never be angry at you, Katie," I said softly. "If he is super mad, then you will be the only one that will be able to help bring him back under control."

She raised an eyebrow in question and stayed silent, her cheeks turning slightly red, and I knew that she was wondering how.

"Because you are my mate, Katie," I said softly while I shook my head because I didn't know how else to describe it. "Everything about you comforts me and my wolf. It keeps us calm, even when all we want to do is be angry and kill someone."

Her eyes grew wide while her whole body grew tense, but she didn't take her hand from mine, and I could tell that she didn't like the idea of me killing anyone or hurting someone.

I bit back a small sigh and shook my head, squeezing her hand in reassurance. "It will have to happen sometimes, Katie, but we will make sure that you don't have to witness it," I said, and my mother nodded in confirmation while Roger walked into the dining room again with a plate of food, making his way over to us again with a grave look on his face.

Mom followed my gaze before she looked at Katie again, her face becoming grave, and she bit back a small sigh while she rubbed her stomach again, leaning back in her seat. "And unfortunately, it looks like the next fight will be coming to us, and it will be coming here sooner than we had hoped..."