Chapter 14- Daniel

I stared at my beautiful mate, looking in her eyes to see if she had said was true. Shock and happiness filled me when I heard that she thought she had loved me and wanted to be my girlfriend. "Are you sure?" I asked, and she looked down and nodded with her face turning red.

I let out a startled laugh and swung her around, and she giggled silently. Happiness filled my body as I placed her down, amazed that she was falling for me as fast as I was falling for her.

'Are you happy?' she asked, teasingly, and I smiled.

I pecked her lips, loving the taste and reality of them. I liked the way her lips were chapped, even though I knew others wouldn't. "Very," I said, pulling away from her.

Katie looked stunned that I kissed her, her face turning red.

I could feel a blush form on my cheeks and backed away. "Um..." I said, moving my hand across the back of my neck. "Too soon?"

Katie shook her head. She walked the distance that I had put in between us and placed her hands on my shoulders. She stood on the tip of her toes and pulled me into a kiss.

I enveloped her in my grasp and kissed her as hard as she was kissing me. I could feel Bruce about to take control, so I stopped the kiss and leaned my head on hers.

Katie stayed in my arms, looking dazed. She blinked back the look and pouted up at me.

I smiled and pecked her the pout off of her lips, pushing Bruce back. "I love kissing you and all, but I think that it would be best if I took a shower."

Katie nodded slowly. She back away from me and cocked her head. She was wondering where I had gone, and I smiled apologetically.

"I went out for a run," I said. "I needed to clear my head of things and didn't want you to see me really pissed off. It's... not a pretty sight."

Katie nodded hesitantly. 'Was... it because of me?'

I shook my head, no. "I got mad at your father for scaring and threatening you. He should not have done that while I was there." I gritted my teeth together and held back a growl. "And, he ruined the date that I had planned for you."

Katie shook her head. 'It doesn't matter,' she said, and I opened my mouth to protest. She held her hand up, smiling at me, and I begrudgingly closed my mouth. 'There is always the next date. We can do something here if you want. I think Aunt Jess might not mind making food."

A smile flickered on my lips, and I relaxed. I knew that she was right and would fit into the pack. She was already taking her role as Luna without realizing it, and I was amazed that she was doing it so well.

'Well?' Katie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow, then," I replied. "I'll pick you up from your room around six?"

Katie smiled and nodded her head. Excitement filled her eyes, and I could tell that she was happy. 'Tomorrow,' she agreed. She walked over and pecked my lips. 'I did have a good time,' she said before scrunching up her face. 'Even though he had interrupted it.'

I chuckled and pulled her close to me. I looked down at her to see that she was already staring up at me. "Trust me; he will not ruin this date."

***

I woke up to the sudden sound of my door creaking open. I reached over and turned on the light before sitting up.

Katie stood in the doorway, her eyes red and filled with tears. She was clutching a little rabbit toy that would have been for my baby sister, but Mom had given it to her instead.

"Katie?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and stared at my disheveled mate. "Are you ok?" Concern filled my body because it looked like she had a nightmare that scared the crap out of her.

Katie's bottom lip quivered as she shook her head. She stayed rooted to her spot, waiting for me to do something.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked, and she nodded. "Do you want to sleep with me?"

Again, she nodded.

I sighed and pulled open the blankets. "Come here," I said softly. "I won't hurt you, and nothing will hurt you when I am around."

Katie closed the door and shuffled to the bed. She got in but didn't move any closer to me. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and I could feel her excitement and nervousness coming off of her in waves.

I bit back a chuckle and placed the blankets around her. I reached over her and turned off the lights, and she tensed until I moved away. "Relax," I whispered, watching her. "I am not going to bite."

She stayed silent, her whole body stiff.

"Do you want to cuddle?" I asked. "Would that help you relax?"

She hesitated but nodded. She let out a small squeak when I pulled her into my arms before turning to face me. Katie relaxed at my touch and burrowed her face into my chest with a sigh.

"Comfortable?" I asked when she maneuvered her legs through mine, claiming me as hers.

She nodded, let out another sigh, and closed her eyes. She felt safe around me, and I couldn't help but feel so much pride in my chest.

When she was asleep, I kissed her forehead and moved a strand of hair behind her ears. "I love you," I whispered, "my Luna."